The Student Room Group

Is my IB score too low for law firms?

I'll be studying law at St Hugh's College, Oxford. I'm an international student btw. I scored a 42 in the IB with a 776 HL. I was predicted a 44 but the 2 point grade drop was really unexpected. Is this considered a weak score to law firms if I wanted to apply for a training contract? I'm aiming for a 2:1/first at Oxford
Whoa! That's hardly weak! I know law is hard to get into but have you checked the grade boundaries?
@IBkidinthecorner any advice?
Assuming this isn't a humblebrag, no it isn't. Also it would be pretty easy to verify this by just looking at the actual recruitment pages for said law firms.

Relevant work experience will be more important than getting a 1st and far more important than your school leaving results provided you meet their cutoff, which you certainly would.
Original post by artful_lounger
Assuming this isn't a humblebrag, no it isn't. Also it would be pretty easy to verify this by just looking at the actual recruitment pages for said law firms.

Relevant work experience will be more important than getting a 1st and far more important than your school leaving results provided you meet their cutoff, which you certainly would.

I second this
A score of 42 would put you ahead of most candidates and it's on the upper end of what law firms see/receive from their applicants, yes, even "elite" ones.

What will matter from now on are your university grades and general CV. Focus on those.

Quick Reply

Latest