The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I'm sure he gets hundreds of requests for charity gigs. And if he did them all for free, he'd have very little time for anything else.

And you are paying for a big name, he can fill a venue. If I could charge £44,000 for each gig I did, I would.

OP, what percentage of your income do you give to charity?
Reply 21
fisherman
I'm sure he gets hundreds of requests for charity gigs. And if he did them all for free, he'd have very little time for anything else.

And you are paying for a big name, he can fill a venue. If I could charge £44,000 for each gig I did, I would.

OP, what percentage of your income do you give to charity?

I have hardly any income, lol.
However, i do loads of charity work; go to amnesty international every week and spend loads of time preparing the campaigns when needed. I'm probably gonna be doing a lot of the groups printing and until recently i was planning on volunteering for the Samaritans.

Also, i regularly give blood, am an organ doner (looking into donating my body for medical science). If it counts i also help people write their personal statements. I'm going to be volunteering at the local college for Psychology tutoring.

So, i don't donate money, but imagine what i could do with an extra 5-10 hours a week...

an_end_has_a_start
how do you even get celebs to consider doing things like that?

Most charities have lists of people willing to make themselves available for the charity. You can also find e-mails online and give them a shout, no harm in trying eh?
Reply 22
an_end_has_a_start
how do you even get celebs to consider doing things like that?

Pay them enough :wink:
FyreFight
I'm not that surprised really. A guy like him could pack out a full sized, professional theatre and make twice that amount for a set.

:ditto:

He is a busy guy, time is money and all that. I agree with whoever said that he probably gets lots of requests to perform for charity events, he couldn't possibly accept them all.

Latest

Trending

Trending