The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

What date was module selection last year (2021)?

Note- I mean module selection for freshers/year 1

I have autism and one part of that is that I really struggle with not knowing exact dates for important events. This happened with enrolment originally where I was told it could be any time during this week and it made me very uncomfortable/anxious.

Now it's happening again with when module selection will open. I figure that if I find out a date that it opened last year for new starters then it might be similar. I do know that it's meant to be "late August" but just having a particular date in mind, even if it turns out to not be that date, will just help me.

Alternatively if any of the Uni of Kent reps can find out the date it will open this year, I would be endlessly grateful :smile:

I know it sounds weird but my autism is weird. and this has been all i can think about I'm so anxious about it, sorry.
Original post by Anonymous
Note- I mean module selection for freshers/year 1

I have autism and one part of that is that I really struggle with not knowing exact dates for important events. This happened with enrolment originally where I was told it could be any time during this week and it made me very uncomfortable/anxious.

Now it's happening again with when module selection will open. I figure that if I find out a date that it opened last year for new starters then it might be similar. I do know that it's meant to be "late August" but just having a particular date in mind, even if it turns out to not be that date, will just help me.

Alternatively if any of the Uni of Kent reps can find out the date it will open this year, I would be endlessly grateful :smile:

I know it sounds weird but my autism is weird. and this has been all i can think about I'm so anxious about it, sorry.

Hello there,

Congratulations on your place at Kent! 😀

Unfortunately, every course is different, and every year is different as modules can slightly change. If you let me know which course you are starting, I can try do some digging around to get a date for you?

Hope this helps,
Adam - Uni of Kent Rep
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Original post by University of Kent Reps
Hello there,

Congratulations on your place at Kent! 😀

Unfortunately, every course is different, and every year is different as modules can slightly change. If you let me know which course you are starting, I can try do some digging around to get a date for you?

Hope this helps,
Adam - Uni of Kent Rep

Hi thank you for your reply, I'm taking BA Philosophy
Original post by Anonymous
Hi thank you for your reply, I'm taking BA Philosophy

Hi

Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a date set, as they are most likely waiting for everyone to register before setting a date. I would suspect that it would be 2-3 weeks before the start of freshers week, so I wouldn't be surprised if it came between the 29/08/22 and 12/09/22.

I'll keep an eye out for you, and if I hear anything more certain then I will let you know

Hope this helps a little bit
Please let me know if you have any other questions

Adam - Uni of Kent Rep

Quick Reply

Latest