Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    i got an interview at KCL at the end of november. in the email they sent me, they said i will be given a short ethical case study that will be discussed in the interview. also, i will be given a short questionaire also

does anyone know what the ethical study is about, if they've done it before, or what type of questions there are in the short questionnaire.

thanks

ReputationRep:
    this has been disussed lots of times already i am sure if you do a search you will find a few threads lurking about with a few examples

it basically puts you in a scenario and you have to discuss it. i cant remember now exactly which one i got and i cant actually remember many others also, sorry!

the questionaire asks-

why kings?
    what qualities make you a bad dentist? (or it might be a good dentist, i need someone to clarify that)
    what non-science subject have you done that will help you in dentistry.

ReputationRep:
    they are all standard ones. if you just google interview questions you should be fine, it isn't like you will be asked something of that you would never have thought before...

questionnaire you have ~8 questions, which you have to answer all in 30 mins. hence you have to come at least 40mins before the actual interview. it is quite important you write up neatly since they also look at notemaking skills (eg in pressure).

but yeah all my questions were standard. why GKT, why dentistry, extra curriculars, work experience. trust me, you will be fine if you are on top of everything.

ReputationRep:
    thanks dentalstudentGKT and shiftyK42

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.