The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

clearing acceptance

I received a provision offer on my emails from Manchester Metropolitan on Thursday after applying to one of their business courses. Then on friday I received a call from someone in the business and economics dept to congratulate me on my offer and to talk about anything related to the course or university in general. Later on the day, I decided to put MMU on track. Its now Sunday and nothing has been updated.

How long will it take for MMU to accept me as I want to start looking for accommodations before they are all taken? I can't book the student accoms provided by the uni as i dont have the details to access the accom portal.
Original post by bernardo.__.o
I received a provision offer on my emails from Manchester Metropolitan on Thursday after applying to one of their business courses. Then on friday I received a call from someone in the business and economics dept to congratulate me on my offer and to talk about anything related to the course or university in general. Later on the day, I decided to put MMU on track. Its now Sunday and nothing has been updated.

How long will it take for MMU to accept me as I want to start looking for accommodations before they are all taken? I can't book the student accoms provided by the uni as i dont have the details to access the accom portal.

Hi @bernardo.__.o

Currently, our admissions teams are processing clearing applications as quickly as they possibly can. We apologise for the delay in having it confirmed on UCAS, however, please try not too worry it will be in hand with the admissions team.

Thanks,

Carly
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

Hi how did they call you and what course I chose International business management and I just got a provisional email through for acceptance and that evening on results day I was accepted.
Original post by Manchester Metropolitan University
Hi @bernardo.__.o

Currently, our admissions teams are processing clearing applications as quickly as they possibly can. We apologise for the delay in having it confirmed on UCAS, however, please try not too worry it will be in hand with the admissions team.

Thanks,
Carly

Hi MMU how easy is it to change courses as Imunsure about my course so do I need to speak to someone or should I fill out a form or something.
Original post by a.a12345
Hi how did they call you and what course I chose International business management and I just got a provisional email through for acceptance and that evening on results day I was accepted.

They called me on friday to congratulate me on my provisional offer and I added MMU onto my UCAS track that day as well. It's now Tuesday and they just sent an email saying that they need to assess my fee status in order to continue my application.
Original post by Manchester Metropolitan University
Hi @bernardo.__.o

Thanks,

Carly

I now need to wait for fee status to be assessed in order for them to continue my application process. How long will this take as I still need to book accommodation and my course starts in September??
Original post by a.a12345
Hi MMU how easy is it to change courses as Imunsure about my course so do I need to speak to someone or should I fill out a form or something.

Hi @a.a12345

Unfortunately, I am afraid our courses are now full for September 2022 and Clearing has closed. Therefore, it is not possible to change your course at this stage.

Carly :smile:
I now need to wait for fee status to be assessed in order for them to continue my application process. How long will this take as I still need to book accommodation and my course starts in September??

Hi!

Unfortunately, I am afraid we cannot provide an exact time frame as many applicants are in similar positions to yourself waiting for the tuition fee to be processed. They are working through fee assessments as quickly as they possibly can. Please check your UCAS hub regularly for any updates.

Title pretty says it. Added my clearing choice on Friday and still not had any official confirmation:/
Title pretty says it. Added my clearing choice on Friday and still not had any official confirmation:/

Which university is it you are waiting on?
EDIT: Realised from your post history that it is Man Met - I will merge this with your other thread now :smile:

What have they said when you've rung them up? :holmes:
(edited 1 year ago)
I think Manchester Met have a lot of offers and applicants they have to go through. I've applied for a clearing choice four days ago and haven't gotten an answer yet whether its negative or positive. I'm 100% taking the risk to wait and hopefully things can calm down for them and you can get that sorted
i applied in july (through clearing) as i already had my grades and i’ve only just gotten the confirmation from ucas track that i’ve gotten in. if you have a provisional offer i wouldn’t worry as you’re basically in and just need the confirmation.
Original post by raningo
I think Manchester Met have a lot of offers and applicants they have to go through. I've applied for a clearing choice four days ago and haven't gotten an answer yet whether its negative or positive. I'm 100% taking the risk to wait and hopefully things can calm down for them and you can get that sorted

Hi!

Please try not to worry, you are correct we just have a very high increase of clearing applications this year and our admissions teams are working through them as quickly as possible. If you need an update or want some reassurance at any time please feel free to contact the clearing team at 0161 247 3000.

Quick Reply

Latest