The Student Room Group

English Lit A level Edexcel

does anyone know the text we will be studying for Pearsons Edexcel English??? i want to read the set text before school starts but i don’t know what it will be. the other sixth forms i have applied for have posted their set texts for a different exam board, OCR
Original post by michaela1600
does anyone know the text we will be studying for Pearsons Edexcel English??? i want to read the set text before school starts but i don’t know what it will be. the other sixth forms i have applied for have posted their set texts for a different exam board, OCR

If you are currently doing english lit under edexcel then any information u provide would be super helpful :o:
They're listed on p57 of the specification which you can find here: https://qualifications.pearson.com/en/qualifications/edexcel-a-levels/english-literature-2015.html
Original post by michaela1600
If you are currently doing english lit under edexcel then any information u provide would be super helpful :o:

Paper 1 is the drama/theatre paper. Section A is a Shakespeare play, and my Sixth Form did 'Twelfth Night,' and Section B is another play, my Sixth Form did, 'A Streetcar Named Desire.'

Paper 2 is the comparative prose paper. My Sixth Form did the theme, 'Society and Science,' and we compared Frankenstein to the Handmaid's Tale.

Paper 3 is the poetry paper. Section A is comparing unseen poetry to an anthology poem, and Section B is a specific poet. For example, I studied Geoffrey Chaucer's 'the Wife of Bath Prologue and Tale.'

I hope this helped! :h:

Quick Reply

Latest