Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I dont really understand this topic, so I'm a bit stuck on a few questions.

I need to draw a structural isomers ( not cyclic) which has two functional groups and an ether for C3H6O. How do I do this?

Also how amny cyclic isomers can be formed from this? 2?

I can think of 6 isomers of which 2 are cyclic but only one of them is a non-cyclic ether .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EierVonSatan)
    I can think of 6 isomers of which 2 are cyclic but only one of them is a non-cyclic ether .
    Is the non-cyclic one CH3-CH2-OH-C

(Original post by definite_maybe)
    Is the non-cyclic one CH3-CH2-OH-C
    CH2=CH-O-CH3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EierVonSatan)
    CH2=CH-O-CH3
    THank you. One of the cyclic isomers are oxetane with three carbons and the oxygen in a ring, but what is the second isomer? Is just the three carbons in a ring, and the H and the oxygen outside?

(Original post by definite_maybe)
    THank you. One of the cyclic isomers are oxetane with three carbons and the oxygen in a ring, but what is the second isomer? Is just the three carbons in a ring, and the H and the oxygen outside?
    A three membered ring with oxygen and two carbons (the other carbon on the outside of the ring)

University open days

• University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.