The Student Room Group

So my Mom installed Qustodio…

So my Mom decided to install this stupid little app called Qustodio on all of my devices as well as my brother’s. For him, it makes sense, he’s six, but I’m thirteen and I feel like I know what sites are safe and not safe. For example, I found this site called the Bell Tree Forums, which is basically a forum site dedicated to Animal Crossing. I had been an active member for a while when my Mom found out. At first, she wasn’t mad about it, she just made sure I knew the rules about sites like that and sent me on my way. But recently, she was just like, “Yeah imma restrict this after almost a year of my daughter using it without problems.” So now I can’t use an Animal Crossing dedicated website, which is probably one of the safest sites on the planet. Like, eight year olds are on that site and their parents don’t give a ****. She’s also blocked a ton of other sites, whether or not they’re Animal Crossing related, which are all heavily monitored by adults 24/7. I feel like I can’t do anything now without feeling as if I need to hide it from her. Is there any way I could potentially delete/bypass the settings of the app without her knowing or at the very least, convince here to let up a bit on the restrictions?
You’re 13 and clearly your mum has the best intention for you in trying to keep you safe. My parents had my phone restricted too until I was 16, when I had earned their trust enough for them to believe that I could stay safe on the internet, so there’s no point trying to cheat your way out of this. Instead, why don’t you try to show your mum that you’re responsible and can be trusted?
Okay, if anyone else has any cringe replies 4 this, plz go do that elsewhere, I’m pretty sure that this person rly doesn’t need more moms to deal with than they already have to.
Original post by anonymous
okay, if anyone else has any cringe replies 4 this, plz go do that elsewhere, i’m pretty sure that this person rly doesn’t need more moms to deal with than they already have to.

thank you
Original post by MarbleRobin
So my Mom decided to install this stupid little app called Qustodio on all of my devices as well as my brother’s. For him, it makes sense, he’s six, but I’m thirteen and I feel like I know what sites are safe and not safe. For example, I found this site called the Bell Tree Forums, which is basically a forum site dedicated to Animal Crossing. I had been an active member for a while when my Mom found out. At first, she wasn’t mad about it, she just made sure I knew the rules about sites like that and sent me on my way. But recently, she was just like, “Yeah imma restrict this after almost a year of my daughter using it without problems.” So now I can’t use an Animal Crossing dedicated website, which is probably one of the safest sites on the planet. Like, eight year olds are on that site and their parents don’t give a ****. She’s also blocked a ton of other sites, whether or not they’re Animal Crossing related, which are all heavily monitored by adults 24/7. I feel like I can’t do anything now without feeling as if I need to hide it from her. Is there any way I could potentially delete/bypass the settings of the app without her knowing or at the very least, convince here to let up a bit on the restrictions?

When I was like 14 my mum made everyone download an app called Life360 to track our location. Obviously it was for safety but I hated it because I used to bunk school a lot or have a “detention” but actually go out with my friends. My mum was REALLY strict, like I wasn’t even allowed to a park 5 mins away. After a while I just deleted it off my phone. She was angry for a while but eventually stopped caring. Not really advice but my experience.
Original post by MarbleRobin
thank you

Aren't you grateful. Really showing how mature you are.

Quick Reply