The Student Room Group

Struggling with Hinge app

Been on Hinge for two months. Would get a match or two every day. I started seeing someone (who I met on the app) for a few weeks last month and it didn’t work out so I went back on the app. Ever since I went back, my profile hasn’t changed one bit and I’ve suddenly only been getting two matches every week. Seen some say to delete your account and restart. Does this work or is there a better alternative? My dealbreakers aren’t restrictive at all btw
Have you updated your photo gallery and added something new to your profile?
What type of dealbreakers do you have?
Yeah, so sometimes deleting your account and creating a new one works because the algorithm always pushes new profiles on top of the stack which means that people who have new accounts are more likely to get noticed by everyone early on. Dating sites do this in order to keep people addicted so that they can pay more money for the additional services. The reason you got less matches is because of this algorithm.

However, It's all just a waste of time and money. If you are a guy on a dating site then it's absolutely not worth it and a waste of time. Women are always looking for someone with a strong jawline, nice six pack and excellent ripped body. They barely read your bios. If you look like a fat donkey with glasses and you're short, you will not have any success at all. You say that you get one or two matches everyday. I got absolutely nothing. 0 matches and 0 likes. Actually I did get very very few likes, but they were probably bots anyway.

It takes such a massive toll on your mental health because you start thinking that you're undesirable and ugly and not worth being loved and you start feeling hopeless and it's just not great. If the app is not working out for you then it's best to just leave it, take a break and focus on yourself for a bit. If you still want to use the app then my advice would be to get some good, good quality photos. Even better photos than you're using now. The dating market is such a sh!thole in today's society. Women only pursue 6 foot dbags with strong jawlines and go woof woof for a nice looking six pack, whereas men are forced to rot in hell. The dating market is so unbalanced that it actually makes me sick. Dating apps only confirm this, so I'd suggest to leave it and not come back at all.
Use skout it is better
Reply 4
dating apps really depressing. It's made for antisocial people. I'm not sure if anyone ever had any success with this. I've been on dating websites for 4 years never had a normal conversation or met any female. They are just nasty rude and unfriendly.
Original post by Aivis
dating apps really depressing. It's made for antisocial people. I'm not sure if anyone ever had any success with this. I've been on dating websites for 4 years never had a normal conversation or met any female. They are just nasty rude and unfriendly.

Yeah, just leave the app, it's very toxic. There are no good dating apps, they're all the same. Tinder, Bumble, Badoo it's all the same. The problem is that there are far more men than women on these dating apps, so women always get bombarded with messages and it's just very very unbalanced because men have to go above and beyond and make an effort to get any attention whereas women don't have to do anything and they get hundreds of matches. And also a lot of women on there are broken and also have issues. A lot of them say that they want a serious relationships and they're tired of being used, but then they still pursue d***bags and players and then they complain that they are treated like crap which creates a neverending cycle for them. They have sex with a player, get dumped, cry and then pursue another player. Maybe if they didn't pursue d***heads they would actually find someone with similar values. It's just a toxic place and you can end up in a very very dark place if you use this app too much.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending