The Student Room Group

Can a kidney infection go without medication?

Im currently experiencing symptoms of a kidney infection which I had treated months ago with several medications as it wouldn't go and now I have had it for weeks and haven't been to the doctors. I feel so sick and my kidneys are hurting but not too bad. What will happen if i dont get it treated?
It is important to see a doctor and have them to find out what is wrong instead of waiting to see if the infection will go away on its own.
Kidney infections can lead to serious complications if untreated.
Including experiencing severe pain and permanent kidney damage, including kidney failure.

Do you have any advice for OP?
Why havent you been to the doctors?

Usual medicine for this is anti-biotics and its important to complete the whole course of antibiotics even if you start to feel better before the end of the course.
Original post by londonmyst
It is important to see a doctor and have them to find out what is wrong instead of waiting to see if the infection will go away on its own.
Kidney infections can lead to serious complications if untreated.
Including experiencing severe pain and permanent kidney damage, including kidney failure.

@ecolier Do you have any advice for OP?

I have work all week and my drs are closed on weekends so I'll have to wait for next week which is okay right?

Original post by Joinedup
Why havent you been to the doctors?

Usual medicine for this is anti-biotics and its important to complete the whole course of antibiotics even if you start to feel better before the end of the course.
Tyy
My legs have gone numb is that bad

Quick Reply

Latest