The Student Room Group

uni or resit ? HELPPP

Got my results for A level, disappointed , was already thinking of doing maths A level in my gap but now i will probably do that with my other failed courses

However got offer from clearing from UEA

question is , do i go to uea (mid rank uni) and hope to achieve PG at high rank such as Imperial for Computer science ? Is that possible and how hard will that be ? Does uni rank matter for pg?

Or study maths a level in one year plus one of my old A levels , get hopefully better grades and apply to better unis ? Is that do able?

Im really in a stress guys help out!
Original post by Asfeer
Got my results for A level, disappointed , was already thinking of doing maths A level in my gap but now i will probably do that with my other failed courses

However got offer from clearing from UEA

question is , do i go to uea (mid rank uni) and hope to achieve PG at high rank such as Imperial for Computer science ? Is that possible and how hard will that be ? Does uni rank matter for pg?

Or study maths a level in one year plus one of my old A levels , get hopefully better grades and apply to better unis ? Is that do able?

Im really in a stress guys help out!

Your chances of getting Imperial is extremely slim. Only1 in 20 who apply for CS get in. Just go to East Anglia and get on with it. You are not likely to get a transfer to Imperial.
Reply 2
Original post by swanseajack1
Your chances of getting Imperial is extremely slim. Only1 in 20 who apply for CS get in. Just go to East Anglia and get on with it. You are not likely to get a transfer to Imperial.

still worth it to do maths in oke year plus one of my failed a levels to enter a good uni in general for cs?
Original post by Asfeer
still worth it to do maths in oke year plus one of my failed a levels to enter a good uni in general for cs?

I dont believe wasting another year is really a good idea. How much will you gain. Put snobbery aside. UEA is a great university and other than say top 6 is on a par with everywhere else.

Quick Reply

Latest