Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

k guys im kinda doing my second portfolio right now n im kinda stuck on one part of the question

height 1.7 2.0 2.9 4.1 5.6 6.3 7.0 8.0 10.0 13.9
    number of drops 42.0 21.0 10.3 6.8 5.1 4.8 4.4 4.1 3.7 3.2

they given us information on crows dropping nut.. with the height and the number of drops.i managed to plot this graph n i get an Hyperbole graph. the question asks

what type of function models the behavior of the graph? explain why you chose this function.create an equation (a model)that fits the graph.

i dont get how to get the equation they asking for. please could someone help me urgently..or explain to me.thanx

what programme are you using to plot the graph? it is is something like autograph etc. because i think programmes like that are able to determine the equation of the graph.

although for my second portfolio I first calculated a model by hand using transformations etc based on the graph and then did one using the equation my calculator developed (this was for a sine curve though and im not sure it is capable of doing hyperbolic functions) and comparing the two to decide which one was best.

yea im using that exact same program although it a try version.u gt any other programs that u recommend.i really wanna get a good grade on this portfolio..u done anything similar to this? oh u did using transformations. but the thing is it dont turn out to be sign graph n i cant even determine the midpoint or a value using the calculator...any advice...
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?
Applying to university
Uni match

Your perfect course is here

Let our match making tool match you up with your ideal uni

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.