Turn on thread page Beta

Need advice - leaving a housing contract & i have found a replacement tenant watch

    • Thread Starter

    Ive decided i need to move out of my student house due to personal reasons.
    I told my landlord and they said to find a replacement tenant.
    I have now found a replacement tenant who is willing to go and sign the house contract tomorrow.
    I need to know if there is any right or entitlement i have to ask the landlord for a letter to state that i am released from my contract and not liable for damages & rent.
    I have a single contract so me leaving does not effect my other housemates.
    Thanks so much :yep:
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 12, 2008
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.