Turn on thread page Beta

How to store curry. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    So today I ate some nice curry, nom nom nom. But i still have a good 4/5 of the jar left. I don't want to store it in one big pot, because I won't eat 4/5 all in one go, and I want to freeze it preferably.

How best to do this?? I thought sandwich bags, but when I defrost it, it might all just get into the corners of the sandwich bag and i'd be left with very little sauce left.

Any ideas?

ReputationRep:
    Why not just stick it in the refrigerator? It'll be fine there for a week, probably more. Cover it/tub. Let it cool first.

ReputationRep:
    Use either really small tupperware tubs, or empty margerine tubs.

ReputationRep:
    Use tupperware if you want to freeze.

ReputationRep:
    toilet?

ReputationRep:
    A sandwich bag is fine, none of it will get stuck in the bag because it'll be in a block

ReputationRep:
    But when I defrost it it won't be a block..

ReputationRep:
    Store it in your belly

ReputationRep:
    any empty tub will do, margarine tub, ice-cream tub etc. or you can store it in your fridge for up to a week.

ReputationRep:
    i always save the plastic tubs from take away chinese..... i then cook loads of stuff and freeze things in them!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FireDeuce)
    No but if you defrost it by putting it (still in the bag) in water and leaving, then it'll just go liquid again

ReputationRep:
    Store it in a sandwich bag in the freezer, and then when you want to defrost it, put it in a jug, or bowl, of some kind.

ReputationRep:
    But i still have a good 4/5 of the jar left.

How best to do this??

Any ideas?
    Most jars of curry say consume within 3 days of opening, I think your only bet is to freeze it most probably.

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.