Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So today I ate some nice curry, nom nom nom. But i still have a good 4/5 of the jar left. I don't want to store it in one big pot, because I won't eat 4/5 all in one go, and I want to freeze it preferably.

How best to do this?? I thought sandwich bags, but when I defrost it, it might all just get into the corners of the sandwich bag and i'd be left with very little sauce left.

Any ideas?

ReputationRep:
    Why not just stick it in the refrigerator? It'll be fine there for a week, probably more. Cover it/tub. Let it cool first.

ReputationRep:
    Use either really small tupperware tubs, or empty margerine tubs.

ReputationRep:
    Use tupperware if you want to freeze.

ReputationRep:
    toilet?

ReputationRep:
    A sandwich bag is fine, none of it will get stuck in the bag because it'll be in a block

ReputationRep:
    But when I defrost it it won't be a block..

ReputationRep:
    Store it in your belly

ReputationRep:
    any empty tub will do, margarine tub, ice-cream tub etc. or you can store it in your fridge for up to a week.

ReputationRep:
    i always save the plastic tubs from take away chinese..... i then cook loads of stuff and freeze things in them!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FireDeuce)
    No but if you defrost it by putting it (still in the bag) in water and leaving, then it'll just go liquid again

ReputationRep:
    Store it in a sandwich bag in the freezer, and then when you want to defrost it, put it in a jug, or bowl, of some kind.

ReputationRep:
    But i still have a good 4/5 of the jar left.

How best to do this??

Any ideas?
    Most jars of curry say consume within 3 days of opening, I think your only bet is to freeze it most probably.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.