Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Am i sick???? Health Issue! Please answer Watch

Well before i start id like to say im a bit paranoid usually and i am a hypochondriat. Well point is im a person who gets very anxious! Anyways i get this thing sometimes on my leg, hand like some sort of beat. You know like your heart beat but in my hand leg. Like umm dont know how to explain it. I get it when im stressed sometimes and just when im sitting feeling hot or something. Anyway is this normal??

ReputationRep:
    I think you're refering to the blood pumping through your arteries (particularly tangible in the neck, wrists, hands, fingers, legs...) which is what keeps you alive. So no, you're not ill.:nah:

(Original post by millyme)
    I think you're refering to the blood pumping through your arteries (particularly tangible in the neck, wrists, hands, fingers, legs...) which is what keeps you alive. So no, you're not ill.:nah:
    Also just happened on my knee. Well i guess that comes under leg. Sory if i sound stupid. It also sometime happens to back of my head. Like very lightly happened once i think or maybe just imagined it :s

ReputationRep:
    What the hell's a hand leg?

http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/3...notwantis3.jpg

ReputationRep:
    i no wht u mean! i get it to really randomly like a little spazam lol dw your fine!

ReputationRep:
    All 100% normal.

If I have a headache I feel every beat of my heart in my head, not fun

But you are fine, don't worry.

ReputationRep:
    Believe me, it's normal. The fact that you feel it more when you're anxious confirms it- higher blood pressure. I'd be worried if you didn't have blood pumping around.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I think it's quite normal. When you're stressed, your arteries going to your muscles and brain will dilate to allow more blood to flow to them in a "flight or fright" response type mechanism.
    When I'm nervous, I feel it strongly in the area just under my sternum (can't remember what it's called), but that's cos it's close to my heart and the aorta is in that sort of area.

ReputationRep:
    My friends eyelid twitches when she drinks coke cos the blood flow speeds up.

ReputationRep:
    dont worry some times i get them in my foot arm!

THANK YOU GUYS! Well now i got to go study! Got an exam next week Thanx again. Calmed me down.

ReputationRep:
    Hypochondriac ahhh. Take some sugar pills.

Seriously though there is nothing wrong with you. If you have regular spasms/shooting pains that are intense then go see your GP. Your current issues are nothing to be worried about

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 12, 2008
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.