The Student Room Group

A-level geography AQA to EDEXCEL

Hi, I'm doing AQA geography at GCSE but the sixth form i want to get into does EDEXCEL A-level geography instead. Are AQA and EDEXCEL geog similar or different? Which is easier?
Original post by gompachirochan
Hi, I'm doing AQA geography at GCSE but the sixth form i want to get into does EDEXCEL A-level geography instead. Are AQA and EDEXCEL geog similar or different? Which is easier?

Hey,
I was in a similar position to you 2 years ago. I did AQA GCSE Geography and then did Edexcel A level Geography.
I didn't feel I had a comparative disadvantage to other students in my class who did Edexcel GCSE so it shouldn't be a problem.
Besides, A level is a lot more essay based compared to GCSE so though content might not be particularly difficult (though there is a lot more detail like in all a level subjects), you would need to refine exam technique which comes with practice. I can't really comment on how easier/ harder an exam board might be compared to one another but there shouldn't be too much of a difference in terms of difficulty. In short, I don't think it really matters if you change exam boards from GCSE to A level.😊
Good luck!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending