Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

(Original post by AWZC)
    Is that anything to do with the Iraqi flag on your post? To me, rememberance day isn't just about remembering British men and women who died, but those of all nationalities. As I've already mentioned, my Polish Great Grandfather was shot by Nazi's, and my Grandad (his son) fought in the Warsaw uprising. Its nice to take some time out to remember those living or dead of all nationalities who've given there all for freedom.
    I'll agree with that

Went to Langermarck cemetry in Belgium in Y11 on the battlefields trip, Langermarck is a german one and was totally different

But as one British poppy wreath put very appropriately:

"All soldiers are heroes no matter what nationality"

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.