The Student Room Group
Reply 1
honestly? well, put succinctly:
i did.
Reply 2
i am in the process of. it takes time. and pills. lots and lots of pills. and counselling too, to get to the roots of your problems.
Reply 3
sssjay
i am in the process of. it takes time. and pills. lots and lots of pills. and counselling too, to get to the roots of your problems.

op, this isn't always the case.
a lot of the time it isn't.
it wasn't for me or anyone else on my programme.
Reply 4
I'm on anti-depressants, have had counselling for years, been in a psychiatric unit but nothing seems to help. I'm going to start CBT in January and I really hope it does work but it seems so unlikely at the moment.
I don't know if it gets better forever, but it definitely gets better. There are times when I'm alright for weeks on end, then maybe have a bad week. But even then, the bad weeks are nothing compared to when I used to be really depressed. I have a long history of depression and if I look back I can see that there've been lots of times where I've been fine.
Don't give up hope. It might seem like you're never going to be ok, but its not true.
Reply 6
Have you tried losing weight? And if you're male just get big muscles and become very fit and life will change.
Reply 7
Yes, it will get better, but it is likely to come back again in the future. The good thing about CBT is that it helps you deal with a possible re-occurrence of your depression, so that it minimises the harmful effects on your life.

Latest

Trending

Trending