Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr Zeuss™)
    I would tell you... if i ever got accepted. :mad:
    same. :bawling:

ReputationRep:
    Went up to customer services, asked if they had any job applications and they gave me one. Handed it in 5 minutes later, got a call 5 days later aswell.

ReputationRep:
    I stole my job from a mysterious traveller in the dark of night in a strange wood a couple of miles from here. He looked suitably bedraggled and I offered to lend a hand, but in the process I seized a shiny looking money bag from his belt, beat him mercilessly to a pulp and found the job contained therein. I didn't do him the discourtesy of raping him - rape is a two-way crime.

Seriously though, handed my CV in and got a call a few days later.

I applied online. Took two months to start, but it was easy enough and the pay is good.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Mine was advertised in the local paper.

ReputationRep:
    My first one, I got when they called up looking for my sister to waitress. They said they needed either a waitress, or 2 potwashers. Me an my freind went down, and had a regular job from then in in.

My second one, my sister cam home from work (different job), and said they were puytting on a NPLQ course next week, and did I want to do it. I agreed.

My third was when someone at the pool left to manage a different site, and they were short-staffed.

My fourth was when my dad offered me a bit of work over summer driving tractors at the site me worked at.

I still do shifts for all but the last one, which I quit because it was too boring (even by lifeguard standards).

ReputationRep:
    I posted my CV to over 40 employers. I only heard back from about 5-10 employers, but the job I eventually got was brilliant so it was worthwhile in the end

ReputationRep:
    job centre website/gumtree/agencies
    i've never just gone handing cvs out, i always just figured it's better to find out where is hiring through adverts, job centre, papers etc and apply directly to them.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.