Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr Zeuss™)
    I would tell you... if i ever got accepted. :mad:
    same. :bawling:

ReputationRep:
    Went up to customer services, asked if they had any job applications and they gave me one. Handed it in 5 minutes later, got a call 5 days later aswell.

ReputationRep:
    I stole my job from a mysterious traveller in the dark of night in a strange wood a couple of miles from here. He looked suitably bedraggled and I offered to lend a hand, but in the process I seized a shiny looking money bag from his belt, beat him mercilessly to a pulp and found the job contained therein. I didn't do him the discourtesy of raping him - rape is a two-way crime.

Seriously though, handed my CV in and got a call a few days later.

I applied online. Took two months to start, but it was easy enough and the pay is good.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Mine was advertised in the local paper.

ReputationRep:
    My first one, I got when they called up looking for my sister to waitress. They said they needed either a waitress, or 2 potwashers. Me an my freind went down, and had a regular job from then in in.

My second one, my sister cam home from work (different job), and said they were puytting on a NPLQ course next week, and did I want to do it. I agreed.

My third was when someone at the pool left to manage a different site, and they were short-staffed.

My fourth was when my dad offered me a bit of work over summer driving tractors at the site me worked at.

I still do shifts for all but the last one, which I quit because it was too boring (even by lifeguard standards).

ReputationRep:
    I posted my CV to over 40 employers. I only heard back from about 5-10 employers, but the job I eventually got was brilliant so it was worthwhile in the end

ReputationRep:
    job centre website/gumtree/agencies
    i've never just gone handing cvs out, i always just figured it's better to find out where is hiring through adverts, job centre, papers etc and apply directly to them.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.