Turn on thread page Beta

Freshers - What would you do differently? watch

ReputationRep:
    Complain immediately about being put into a two person flat... it's now too late to change.
    Other than that, nothing, went out enough, met people, it's just the weeks since that have been *****!

ReputationRep:
    Nothing at all it has been brilliantttt. Apart from being ill for a couple of weeks in the middle, that was a slight nuicence!

ReputationRep:
    Nothing, i met a decent group of people and got absolutely wasted to pass the time. However I wish I could change a few things that have happened since freshers week.

ReputationRep:
    Not too much really.

I probably shouldn't have spent so much during Fresher's Week or gotten quite as drunk as I did, but it's something I'm going to sit and moan about!

I suppose I would like to have joined a few more societies at Fresher's Fair and maybe talk to a few more people from the course I'm on.

Thankfully, I have plenty of time to do both.

ReputationRep:
    I also should have done more in freshers week.

ReputationRep:
    If I redid freshers week now I would probably spend all seven days drunk instead of just five, talk about wasted opportunities.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alex_hk90)
    Probably some of the following:
    - Actually have a break in the summer (instead of working) so I'm not completely exhausted before even starting.
    - Not worry too much about the work (even though we started getting assignments a few days in).
    - Generally relax and be more forthcoming to people I haven't met before.
    - Reverse my no-alcohol policy.
    - Go out a few times.

Yeah, so quite a bit...
    In addition:
    -wish I'd lived with friends from the second year instead of staying in halls
    -started reading more earlier in the course...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiss_me_now9)
    Question is really in the title - If you could do these last 6/7/8/9 weeks again, what would you change?
    my uni

ReputationRep:
    I would change...everything:

1) Not spend money on **** (thus being in the crapper only a month in!)
    2) Not go home a day into my freshers then come back when course registration started (stupidest ******* move I ever made).
    3) Gone to all night events possible, drink a lot more.
    4) Go to Freshers Fair
    5) Speak to everyone in sight, and not stop just because I felt that the conversations were pointless.
    6) Go to every lecture, be early and work through them (I am catching up big-time now).
    7) Applied for a halls transfer at the start so I am more local to campus.
    8) Attend all society meetings etc.

Eugh, just thinking about what I would change is depressing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiss_me_now9)
    Question is really in the title - If you could do these last 6/7/8/9 weeks again, what would you change?
    nothing, all the grave mistakes i have made has a purpose

ReputationRep:
    if i could go back i think i would have waited a year before coming.

ReputationRep:
    I think mine would be to try get involved with something outside of my course/flatmates.
    Cant complain though.

Non, je ne regrette rien.

ReputationRep:
    Ok, a few things not really major but; I wouldn't have fallen asleep in ULU on the first night, that time is for talking not sleeping. I would have joined some societies and have gone to the gym more, I wouldn't have got so drunk a few times, most lately because something good happened and I don't know how it happened. I need to stop being so neurotic and do what I know I should do. I shouldn't be skipping classes I'm bad at, I shouldn't have said that. I possibly should have done something else, and definitely shouldn't have done what I did. I wish that hadn't happened.

Hmm, but I do that anyway.

ReputationRep:
    I wish I'd asked to move flats. Living with 4 females who all do medicine has really gotten on my nerves. When I go out with them, I'm always surrounded by medics, and as such feel a little left out. Hence I go out with my course people more often. I just wish I had more variation in my flat.
    I also wish I hadn't eaten as much crap in the first week. With my parents not around, I went a little crazy on the chocolate
    Wish I'd actually gone to all the lectures in the first few weeks too. With no mother around to get you out of bed, it's quite easy just to lay there an extra hour and miss that all important meteorology lecture.
    That's it really. Apart from those minor things, Freshers Week was the most amazing week of my life!

ReputationRep:
    Well freshers was a good while ago now but... not slept with that ******* That and just not get as drunk. I would have tried to make more friends too but I'm socially retarded so being there early mightn't have worked! Though technically I didn't go to freshers week as my mum wouldn't allow me too early I was in Ireland so couldn't exactly insist.

ReputationRep:
    The only thing that I would have changed is one of my modules, which I hate.

ReputationRep:
    I have no regrets, despite ending up dropping out this week because the uni, and I think the course aren't right for me.

I had to do this to work out it wasn't what I wanted.

I met some cool people who hopefully I'll keep in touch with.

I learnt that I should visit unis I'm thinking of going to and look at the course properly...

Second time lucky next year?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Sprockette)
    Well freshers was a good while ago now but... not slept with that ******* That and just not get as drunk. I would have tried to make more friends too but I'm socially retarded so being there early mightn't have worked! Though technically I didn't go to freshers week as my mum wouldn't allow me too early I was in Ireland so couldn't exactly insist.
    You call yourself 'socially retarded' but you still managed to sleep with someone?

ReputationRep:
    I would be in self-catered halls.
    I would have remained healthy the whole time, rather than the awful on-and-off illness I've had that has made me seem completely miserable and unsociable.
    Related to the above, I would not have been miserable and unsociable and may have some actual friends by now, lol.

Other than that I really like my course. Just wish I wasn't in pain/sick all the time. I'm never ill at home

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.