Turn on thread page Beta

Who else likes Jimmy Eat World and Idlewild? They rock, but no-one ever mentions them here?

ReputationRep:
    American English by Idlewild is one of my most obsessed over songs ever.

ReputationRep:
    idlewild are going on tour april/may tickets out 28th janurary.

they have a new single out soon too.
    this is the video
    http://exodus.interoutemediaservices...elivery=stream
    or for broadband

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I really like their new single.

ReputationRep:
    I love Idlewild. Went to see them last year when they toured "The Remote Part" LP, but have only just bought the album myself (as my sister stole my illegal copy off me!). Hadn't really paid much attention to Idlewild until a couple of years ago when I heard 'You Held the World in Your Arms" on Lemaq before the album was released and instantly fell in love with them. Their new album I think is going to be a double album (given the £16 price tag).

Jimmy Eat World - meh...

ReputationRep:
    cool, my favorite album is probably 100 broken windows, but mainly because it was the first one i bought they were probably the first real indie band i liked, Its in the middle between their heavier albums like hope is important and captain and all the remote part which is much more chilled.

Captain or american english are the best songs they've done imo. but they just keep on improving so theres no reason to believe that there won't be something even better on warnings/promises (double name, definatly a double album)

All their albums rock, according to the official site it was supposed to be out last spring, then summer, then winter, then this spring, so can't wait. And I'm going to see them for my birthday. My fave song has got to be 'Live in a hiding place', or 'when I argue I see shapes'

ReputationRep:
    just listend to a bit, you just have to be who you are rocks, i love it at the end when roddy starts just screaming. Class.

I am what i am not is good too, i'd forgotten about that.

ReputationRep:
    Heh. I'm looking to sell my JEW ticket to see Idlewild instead...

All their songs are good, I can't list them all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blue_Garage)
    All their songs are good, I can't list them all.
    tis true

Sure i'tis

(Original post by KidA)
    they have a new single out soon too.
    this is the video
    or for broadband
    Quality.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blue_Garage)
    Who else likes Jimmy Eat World and Idlewild? They rock, but no-one ever mentions them here?
    I saw Idlewild last night in Bristol. Front row seats and everything. One of the most incredible gigs I have been to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raagyone)
    I saw Idlewild last night in Bristol. Front row seats and everything. One of the most incredible gigs I have been to.
    Very jealous. It sold out really quickly didn't it? And the full electric gig they're doing in April is when I'm on my Surveying residential

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raagyone)
    was that at st georges?

I saw it advertised, but being in sheffield at the moment couldn't make it.

ReputationRep:
    jimmy eat world all the way

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KidA)
    was that at st georges?

I saw it advertised, but being in sheffield at the moment couldn't make it.
    It was indeed. It was amazing. It felt a bit like an assembly with everyone sitting down facing foward in rows....and no jumping around.
    I got a setlist as well because I was so near the stage I just stood up at the end and asked for one before anyone could get there.

It did sell out fast, but I bought the ticket from the venue on the day of release. Apparently the venue still had about 20 or so tickets that it didn't sell (they claimed to the band that they has 'lost them under the desk')

ReputationRep:
    Anyone on here heard of Biffy Clyro

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DRWallace)
    Anyone on here heard of Biffy Clyro
    Indeedy I have. I'm going to see them too next month.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 1, 2005
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.