Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Pleaseee help
    I got an offer for Sheffield Hallam, childrens nursing and im absolutely over the moon :yep:
    Need peoples advice on accom, wheres best to go ? specifically for nursing as ill need fairly close to collegiate campus and to the hospital...
    HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPP
    Thank youuuu !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hula129)
    Pleaseee help
    I got an offer for Sheffield Hallam, childrens nursing and im absolutely over the moon :yep:
    Need peoples advice on accom, wheres best to go ? specifically for nursing as ill need fairly close to collegiate campus and to the hospital...
    HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPP
    Thank youuuu !
    Which hospital? There's no guarantee of being placed at Sheffield, in fact for nursing I'm sure you'll be placed at all sorts of different hospitals?

The only halls actually AT collegiate are the catered ones, if that suits you. Otherwise it's private near Collegiate itself.

However, a bit further out, 20-30 minutes walk depending on the property you've got:

The Forge (big student village)
    The Anvil (probably the furthest out, but I walk every morning, no probs)
    Devonshire Courtyard (expensive due to city centre location, but nice place)
    Leadmill
    Exchange Works

The above are owned by Unite - www.unitestudents.com, and in partnership with the uni. Loads of people end up in the forge as it's so huge. The Anvil is better if you want a quieter atmosphere. Also worth mentioning that Unite do a reduced rent in the Summer - £20/week, which you'll likely need for the extended year. However, the Unite rents will be around £95/week next year - I imagine the other places will be about the same though as they are this year.

Then there's

Charlotte Court
    Bramall Court
    The Trigon
    Also The Pinnacles which is really fancy but not at all convenient for collegiate - it's way over the other side of town.

Of the properties I've mentioned, The Trigon, Leadmill and Exchange Works are closest to the station, which you might need for placement. These are all on bus routes to go to the hospitals in Sheffield by Sheffield Uni itself.

The Anvil is also on a bus route to go to the hospitals up there (Weston Park etc)

Bear in mind you will only be spending 50% of your time on campus (ie. walking to uni), and that the walk is pretty flat from any of the properties I've mentioned. Good for you too!

ReputationRep:
    The Pinnacles is the other side of town to collegiate campus - it is however right by the train station, which is always a plus when you're based at the hospital in Doncaster :p: (My flatmate is a first yr childrens nurse and has to get the train to donny, then a bus across doncaster just to get to placement everyday.. fun stuff :cool:)

ReputationRep:
    Thank youuuuuu

ReputationRep:
    iv applied for victoria halls and the forge both look really nice and have car parking

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.