Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

aqa gcse maths exam? How did you find it? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi-

Just wanted to know how people found the foundation maths paper? I found it ok- i really need that C!!
    Let me know your thoughts on this

ReputationRep:
    Hello again. I thought you would have clicked onto my posts! lol

Yeah I found paper one ok. I think I probably got 78%. and paper 2 was a bit confusing! I mean what was the train question all about? I began to understand it slightly at the end but ew horrible question.

Oh and the shape question was confusing, for the first part I wrote paraleogram, Rhomus and Rectangle. Then for part B I wrote Rhomus and Parralelegron*!> and in part C I wrote Rhombus has 2 lines of symm. Confusing?

But I think I got 75% on it. I only needed a low D on both Papers to get a C overall so i think I got it!

I was just glad that Pythagroas came up! and the last few questions like the % increase and decrease was easy!

How did you find it?

ReputationRep:
    Did you do AQA B? Module 5?

ReputationRep:
    i did spec b.. and i thought paper 2 was better then paper 1...

paper 2 the last question on capacity i thought was a *****..

and the litre conversion in papepr 1 and interial angle in paper 1 was a *****

but overall i think i got around 57 marks in paper 1 and 61 in paper 2?

which is a C? i hope

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samperry209)
    i did spec b.. and i thought paper 2 was better then paper 1...

paper 2 the last question on capacity i thought was a *****..

and the litre conversion in papepr 1 and interial angle in paper 1 was a *****

but overall i think i got around 57 marks in paper 1 and 61 in paper 2?

which is a C? i hope
    What did you get?

I worked out the volume of the cylinder, which was 4501. Then I converted cm into litres and ended up with 4.5 litres, the "200 litre" statement was inaccurate.

The interior angle question wasn't bad, 2/3 methinks.

It depends on your coursework grade, what did you get? Normally its 70-80% for a C in Foundation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiss__this_x)
    What did you get?

I worked out the volume of the cylinder, which was 4501. Then I converted cm into litres and ended up with 4.5 litres, the "200 litre" statement was inaccurate.

The interior angle question wasn't bad, 2/3 methinks.

It depends on your coursework grade, what did you get? Normally its 70-80% for a C in Foundation.
    yeah i got 4510 or something like that.. kool i might of got those marks... but i did put weither it was accurate grr because i ran out of time would that matter?

i got part a on interior angle but part b was a ***** i think maybe a mark on that..

Mod 1 B
    Mod 2 D
    Mod 3 C
    Mod 4 C
    so i was at a C at this point!
    and mod 5 i must of ****** up big style because i got a E at the end so the college let me resit if i wanted to!

but AQA have let me resit this for free because my teacher accused AQA of making the higher tier mod 5 paper back in the summer too hard which i it was as i only answered about 8 or 9 questions! and i did alot of revision for it and still struggle so i glad with that!

but we get the result for this Thursday 15th January 2009 if you didnt already know!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by London271)
    Hello again. I thought you would have clicked onto my posts! lol

Yeah I found paper one ok. I think I probably got 78%. and paper 2 was a bit confusing! I mean what was the train question all about? I began to understand it slightly at the end but ew horrible question.

Oh and the shape question was confusing, for the first part I wrote paraleogram, Rhomus and Rectangle. Then for part B I wrote Rhomus and Parralelegron*!> and in part C I wrote Rhombus has 2 lines of symm. Confusing?

But I think I got 75% on it. I only needed a low D on both Papers to get a C overall so i think I got it!

I was just glad that Pythagroas came up! and the last few questions like the % increase and decrease was easy!

How did you find it?
    Hi- soz for the late reply, i found paper 1 easier than paper 2. I can't remember what shapers i chose for the shape question, i kinda guessed, so if i get it correct it was a total fluke. I counted up my marks at the end on each paper strictly and leniently at the end of each exam, and i think i may have just scraped 70% on each paper, or so i hope!

Glad to know that you are so close to grasping that C. I just don't want to put my hopes up to high and then find out that i got a D *** results day.

Let me know what you get and i'll do the same.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.