Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How to tell a girl you find specific things about her unattractive Watch

I've met a girl who I quite like and think she likes me etc etc

Thing is, she's clever and funny and all that, and I do find her physically attractive in herself, it's just that she puts on loads of fake tan and lip gloss and everything, and it's just not what I go for. So how do I go about bringing that up without really hurting her feelings? I'm guessing it's gonna be impossible!

Oh, and anon cos she might use this.

ReputationRep:
    Most immature men would take the mick out of it.
    You could make a small hint like "I like girls natural" if she ever asks you.
    If you're feeling quite daring you could say, 'Why do you wear all that fake tan, etc, you're pretty without it'
    I think those are quite subtle ways.

ReputationRep:
    Dont try and change someone just beacuse they dont fit in with your views. I'm sure you have plenty of faults yourself, that no doubt she will be too tactful and polite to point out.

ReputationRep:
    Well to be honest, what do u expect her to do once you've told her? Change and go all natural or whatever?
    You shouldn't try and make her change How would you feel if she said, 'Yeah I like you, just stop styling your hair like that and wearing those clothes, because I don't like that, and we'll be fine'.

Why not like her for who she is? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Tell her she's fat then once she's really insulted, break the ice by letting her no she's in fact not fat there's just something wrong with her face

ReputationRep:
    Steady on, he's just asking her to stop being a chav, not it's not a bad thing.

ReputationRep:
    Adaptation/alteration takes a while, accept the situation as it is in the short run and try and find some leverage in the medium to long run, if you haven't become sick of it by then.

ReputationRep:
    From a distance... :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bexicle89)
    Most immature men would take the mick out of it.
    You could make a small hint like "I like girls natural" if she ever asks you.
    Then she stops shaving her armpits for you. :laughing:

ReputationRep:
    The only way to really approach it is to say that you think she's so beautiful etc that she doesn't need to do all of that.

ReputationRep:
    Honesty is the best policy.

If you ever go out with her, I recommend - "Don't take this the wrong way, but I don't think x, y and z suits you. You're much prettier without them."

If things don't work out, then it doesn't matter to you one way or another.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Demon_AS)
    Honesty is the best policy.

If you ever go out with her, I recommend - "Don't take this the wrong way, but I don't think x, y and z suits you. You're much prettier without them."

If things don't work out, then it doesn't matter to you one way or another.
    terrible advice!

if you're going to do it, at least be subtle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

Thing is, she's clever and funny and all that, and I do find her physically attractive in herself, it's just that she puts on loads of fake tan and lip gloss and everything, and it's just not what I go for. So how do I go about bringing that up without really hurting her feelings? I'm guessing it's gonna be impossible!

Place your balls onto a table and invite her to stand upon them once you have told her that you don't care much for the plasterboard effect.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OhNO!)
    terrible advice!

if you're going to do it, at least be subtle.
    Mistakes happen when clarity is lost. Girls are very flighty creatures, and the majority of women that I know prefer simple honesty to people beating around the bush.

Every time a guy tries to be subtle, the girl runs off crying or some such - usually because most guys are about as subtle as a rhinocerous horn up the backside. So, I maintain that being honest, direct, and earnest is the best approach.

ReputationRep:
    Mistakes happen when clarity is lost. Girls are very flighty creatures, and the majority of women that I know prefer simple honesty to people beating around the bush.

Every time a guy tries to be subtle, the girl runs off crying or some such - usually because most guys are about as subtle as a rhinocerous horn up the backside. So, I maintain that being honest, direct, and earnest is the best approach.
    Clearly you don't know that all women may go along with you on the front for a while, secretly it's eating them up inside leading to large scale insecurity. Which is a fantastic premise to build a relationship on I might add </sarcasm>

ReputationRep:

are you single?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chaywa)
    Clearly you don't know that all women may go along with you on the front for a while, secretly it's eating them up inside leading to large scale insecurity. Which is a fantastic premise to build a relationship on I might add </sarcasm>
    Clearly we have a difference of opinion lol.

I never thought I'd hear the day women wanted anything other than honesty from a guy.

I do realise what you say - I'm not a total moron. Perhaps MY phraseology would be different to yours - 90% of communication is non-verbal, so how I say it is more important than what I actually say.

So, yes, you may think it's mean or blunt or whatever. The truth is, you don't know me lol - you cannot know whether it would work for me.

In my experience, however... honesty really is the best option. In all walks of life. Whether you agree or disagree is entirely up to you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

Try and hint to her, about wearing less makeup etc. compliment her about looking good without makeup. Or just hide all her lip gloss and fake tan and get her to come out with you... and keep complimenting her etc etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OhNO!)
    are you single?
    Why, you looking for a ride? :p:

ReputationRep:
    Why, you looking for a ride? :p:
    no. I just can't believe that anyone whose attitude toward women is like that could be in a healthy relationship. I mean, it's just rude.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 13, 2008
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.