Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've been dead in my dreams. Always really sad. Like I would try to make my family and friends hear and see me

(Original post by Mad Vlad)
    If Microsoft made brains...

WARNING!
    Unhandled Exception
    Your Brain is unable to compute this dream state and will be terminated.

[OK]

[Blue Screeen of Death]
    mildly amusing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blátönn)
    I've died in dreams before. There's a lot of myths regarding it i.e die in a dream and you die in real life, et cetera - they're not true.
    Hard to substantiate that claim, though, Blue Tooth. Are you sure you actually died or were on the verge of death? Furthermore, if you were a spectator to your death, then it's hardly you dying.

P.S. Why "blue tooth"?

ReputationRep:
    I've died in dreams before. Sometimes the dream ends, sometimes I'm a ghost.
    But I usually kill people in dreams as opposed to dying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiss_me_now9)
    It does in Tarot cards, I'm not so sure about dreams though. But I think they're closely linked...
    I think so too.. Now I remember where I read this! It was from a weird book called The Dream Dictionary. Say you dreamt about dying in a pink sea of sheep. You look up "die", "pink", "sea" and "sheep". And there you go, your dream has been translated. Haha.

ReputationRep:
    I always jolt awake as soon as i'm about to die.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hylean)
    Hard to substantiate that claim, though, Blue Tooth. Are you sure you actually died or were on the verge of death? Furthermore, if you were a spectator to your death, then it's hardly you dying.

P.S. Why "blue tooth"?
    Very true, I can't prove to anyone but myself that this is the case - but it does prove it to me, by virtue of me still being alive, that the myth is untrue. Take that as you will.

In the dreams I did die. When I said 'spectator' I was more referring to the emotional detachment from the event, as opposed to seeing it unfold in 3rd person persective.

As for Bluetooth I always found Haraldr I of Denmark a fascinating figure, I think he left a great legacy in the Jelling stones and such. He was no Knutr, Alfred, or William, and is shown in a fairly poor light in the Sagas but I've always found his reign very interesting. So, just a historical figure I like really. I'm studying Anglo-Saxon and Old Norse at University so quite naturally I prefer to use the original spelling.

ReputationRep:
    I've died in my dreams before.

Not much happened after that. There was a moment of blankness.

ReputationRep:
    I've died in my dreams a few times, once was cool, I flew out of my body up into the sky

ReputationRep:
    I've never died in my dreams, but I've sort of dreamt of already being dead, as a ghost.

ReputationRep:
    When I was little, I often dreamt about being eaten up by a giant wolf. Then I would sit inside his mouth waiting for the next step. Will he spit me out, or will he eat me?

ReputationRep:
    Dying in your dreams must be the next step to dreaming. I've only just had one of those dreams where you dream you're dreaming. Rather exciting :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Dreams are supposed to be the time when our souls separate from our body. So, if the soul dies, of course we will also die, for real!

ReputationRep:
    I always wrench myself out of the dream just before I'm about to die...or just before something I don't want to happen is about to happen.

Sometimes I get randomly transported out of the scene with no idea how it came to pass. Of course I don't find that weird in the dream itself.

ReputationRep:
    I've died twice in my dreams.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by obnoxious)
    I've heard that no one actually dies in there dreams , and If your going to die , something supernatural wakes you up ?.
    I died in one of my dreams a few years back, I dreamt I drowned and then woke up in the afterlife in some sort of tomb.
    Maybe its a certain way that you can't die?

ReputationRep:
    i think the terminator was after me in one of my dreams,,,,,

ReputationRep:
    I've watched myself dying from the outside, but I don't think I ever died. I've also dreamed that I was already dead and attended my own funeral...that was weird.

ReputationRep:
    I've died in dreams. I seem to fall off of a lot of buildings and onto underground rail tracks.

How clumsy.

ReputationRep:
    I've died in loads of dreams, btu funnily enough I've never died in any "nightmares". When I remember dreams I tend to remember the emotions felt rather than what actually happened, and every time I remember dying in a dream the emotions have never been sad/scary.

It's especially ironic that I found this thread as soon as I woke up and came online cos I can clearly remember (unusually) dreaming last night both about being in one of the twin towers during 9/11, and then in another dream (also last night), being in another tower which was about to collapse. I didn't die in either... it never got to the point where the towers actually collapsed, but the second time I was awoken by my alarm clock, so who knows what might've happened!

Dreams are strange.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.