Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blátönn)
    There's a certain detachment from the event, as if you were just a spectator. It's quite surreal and I felt rather ambivalent about the situation. I dreamt this semi-frequently during late secondary school, I was being bullied to an extreme degree and sort of gave up on everything - stopped caring for a while.
    I've died in my dreams before - only once or twice, but it's happened. This^^ is partly what it was like.
    Just to explain a little more fully, I was having a nightmare about being chased by this madwoman, who had prophesied that I would die, and that in dying I would kill my friend. Anyway, we were running from her, because she was trying to stab me, but she caught us.
    It was really odd actually, because the part I remember most clearly of the whole dream is the part where she stabbed me. It was in the left side of my back, next to my shoulder blade, and I felt it really clearly. It was like I'd been punched, but with a deeper sort of bruise feeling in my muscle.
    That was all seen/felt from a first person POV (same as real life, but in a dream) but as soon as I'd died, I didn't wake up, I just continued to see the rest of the dream from a funny, detached POV.

It was really weird experience, and it shook me up a little. There was no white light, or anything like that though. Just, I died.

ReputationRep:
    i've died in loads of dreams. i don't feel the pain, just detach from the place and fall down a bottomless pit. i don't fall that far before i wake up

ReputationRep:
    Hmms...I remember a dream where I passed out just as somebody drove this weird lawnmower contraption with a big blade on it into me...I felt this dull pain then it went black. That was weird. My dream also stopped at the point when some lunatic cut me in two with a big knife and fork. I guess that's your dream death, when it just kind of stops and goes black.

ReputationRep:
    I've died in my dreams twice.

1) Was exploring in a jungle. Big amazon woman chopped my head off. Suddenly I'm floating above my body over the canopy with a sense of euphoria.

2) Was a conscript in some war. Charged forward, killed some people, was shot, died. Moved on to next dream.

I've died a lot in my dreams. o_O

ReputationRep:
    I've never died in a dream - there's been situtations where I wake up just before I'm about to die in a dream though.

ReputationRep:
    I tend to "know" I've died and then change perspective (happens so often in my dreams it's just unbelievable), or I die and wake up knowing I just died. It's not too big a deal, surely?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by museobsessed)
    i've died in loads of dreams. i don't feel the pain, just detach from the place and fall down a bottomless pit.
    This is interesting... does anyone else feel pain in dreams?

I do, but so far I haven't found anybody else that does. Usually I experience pain when falling from a great height in dreams. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I know this isn't 100% related to the topic but its close and also quite interesting:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=R3LwvaaO1M0

It's a clip from Darrens Browns 'Trick or Treat' where he hypnotises a woman and makes her witness her death. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    My dad told me that if you die in youre dreams then you die in real life.
    He also told me that the falling dream... if you hit the floor then you actually die.
    ... I nearly hit the floor once and woke up terrified.
    I also nearly once died in my dream. I woke up and was lying in a funny position so I couldn't breathe. I'm so glad I woke up when I did!

ReputationRep:
    I often dream I'm dying, and then I'm dead in the dream...

ReputationRep:
    I've been gassed before, but not killed by anything solid/liquid (in my dreams).

ReputationRep:
    Lol,ive never died in my dreams.

ReputationRep:
    lol , the good thing about you're dreams is what can't happen in reality can happen in real life. I read a thread last week , and some guy had a dream that he was in call of duty 4 , but he was'nt flying and he was in casual clothes walking around.

"the possibilities are endless"

ReputationRep:
    Fell off a building before in a dream. Hurt like a *******.

I remember gurgling a little and then waking up at the moment I perceived to have died in the dream.

ReputationRep:
    I hardly ever remember my dreams

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad Vlad)
    If Microsoft made brains...

WARNING!
    Unhandled Exception
    Your Brain is unable to compute this dream state and will be terminated.

[OK]

[Blue Screeen of Death]
    I doubt MS would even throw an exception for that.

ReputationRep:
    the only people i know who dies in their dreams are the kids in "nightmare on elm street"

ReputationRep:
    It would be cool if there was something invented that could record your dreams whilst you slept.

Then you could watch it on your iPod or something

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by obnoxious)
    that's another thing I would like to bring up , those who have died in your dreams what was it like , did you see any white light , contact with god or what , this is such a great topic I think , would you care to " elaborate" please.
    That's ridiculous.

Also , Dreams are associated with thought's/sightings that have actually happened in real life , any science behind this.
    Yes, memories play a part in dreaming.

Do we dream everynight ?
    Humans do not dream every night. They do, however, dream the vast majority of the time whilst in REM sleep.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.