Turn on thread page Beta

Should I tell him or just leave it??? watch

I'll try & keep this short & sweet!! A few months back I was in a relationship with someone that I fell for big time, I don't know why but hey love is funny like that. It ended a while back, I could tell there was a problem as he became more distant and kept asking if things were okay. Things just fizzled out and I don't really speak to him much now, just the odd text/facebook message but I really have feelings for the guy still which I have never had before - he is deffo my first and only real love so far.

Thing is the problem was more than likely me, I basically had an eating disorder and was too embarassed to admit to it and was worried about what his reaction would be. If we went for lunch I would hardly say a word sometimes as I would be so worried about the food coming my way and thinking of a way to get out of eating it. I spoke to an old friend who asked me what had been wrong with me recently as I became a bit moody & withdrawn and I guess she made me realise that was probably the reason. If I could turn back the clock I would have told him & who knows maybe we would still be an item but I can't think like that!!

I'm wondering now if I should give him a quick text to explain why I was acting a bit funny or should I just leave it?? As I say it has been a while now and will be a bit out of the blue... I don't want to scare him off completely.

Guess what Im trying to ask is if you were the guy in question would you appreciate the text or would it annoy you and make you wonder what I was after?? Im not looking for sympathy or using it as a way to get back with him as realistically I know that isn't going to happen... I just don't really want him thinking im normally like that because I can be fun honest

Cheers

(I'm a guy by the way!).

Tell him, at least then he may understand more and then who knows??!!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 13, 2008
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.