Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How do you know if you are a Sociopath? What can you do if you are one?

ReputationRep:
    Read this and answer the question.

A woman is attending her mothers funeral and meets a man she has never met before but gets on very well with. She's attracted to him but he leaves and she doesn't manage to get his details.
    A couple of days later she kills her sister.
    Why?

Apparently this can test whether you're a bit of a sociopath but I'm not so sure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Electric_Dreams)

A woman is attending her mothers funeral and meets a man she has never met before but gets on very well with. She's attracted to him but he leaves and she doesn't manage to get his details.
    Why?

Apparently this can test whether you're a bit of a sociopath but I'm not so sure.

i'm sure i've seen that little riddle thing somewhere before and it had a really odd answer.

ReputationRep:

Why?

really?

edit: i'd say out of anger.

Why?

because she wanted to. so see the blood, to see her bleed. for pleasure. for excitment.

ReputationRep:
    Nope.
    Although I'd say that's a pretty creepy response anyway...

ReputationRep:
    electric_dreams do you know the answer??

ReputationRep:

Why?

to see if the man comes to her funeral?

ReputationRep:
    that riddle was on the 'riddle thread' a few weeks ago...

i know the answer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xnazx)
    to see if the man comes to her funeral?
    That's it. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    That's it. :yep:
    that doesnt prove anything...its just logical..

right?

ReputationRep:
    Wel, I wouldn't say it's very logical but in my opnion it doesn't prove you're a sociopath- perhaps that you can think outside the box at best. :yy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xnazx)
    that doesnt prove anything...its just logical..

right?
    there could have been other motives for her to kill her sister. its trying to get someone to see it in their own way. if they come up with that 'answer' then they're a 'sociopath' i think??

ReputationRep:
    Wel, I wouldn't say it's very logical but in my opnion it doesn't prove you're a sociopath- perhaps that you can think outside the box at best. :yy:
    just proves the riddle was dumb :yep:

ReputationRep:
    by the way OP, what to do about it...

would get counselling(sp)?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carrotboy)
    there could have been other motives for her to kill her sister. its trying to get someone to see it in their own way. if they come up with that 'answer' then they're a 'sociopath' i think??
    then why put in the part about the first funeral?....the answer was abit obvious from my point of view...:o:

but im not a sociopath....

ReputationRep:
    Isn't it that if you can answer it quickly, you're supposedly a sociopath

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    How do you know if you are a Sociopath? What can you do if you are one?
    what makes you think u are one?

(Original post by xnazx)
    what makes you think u are one?
    Well, I can't really answer that, can I?
    I'm not a complete fool.

Do you know the answers to my question?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xnazx)
    then why put in the part about the first funeral?....the answer was abit obvious from my point of view...:o:

but im not a sociopath....
    clever!

nothing more to say on this matter :indiff: lol

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 13, 2008
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.