Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

New Aston Martin supercar revealed - One-77 watch

ReputationRep:
    Oh and the CEO is speaking some utter crap in those videos.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gbduo)
    And that's a bad thing!?

That is like saying the offspring of Catherine Zeta Jones and er...Brad Pitt (?) will produce an ugly kid!

I think it has taken the best bits of current supercars, put them together, given it an Aston look and what it has turned out is pretty stunning.

But hey, everyone is entitled to their (wrong) opinions!

Reading my SLR/Veyron analogy now and I can see the flaw in my logic...but I stand by it!

If you want a mad-nutter-******* car you buy Lamborghini/TVR/Koenigsegg and the like. An Aston shouldn't be like that - it should be subtle....but deadly!

*I knew I'd be alone in not liking this one!*

ReputationRep:
    You're not.

I wouldn't say I don't like it but it's nowhere near as good looking as people are claiming.

ReputationRep:
    NOW THAT IS WHAT I CALL SEXYYYYYY!!! :yep: :love: i luurrrrrrrrrve it!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sync)
    Reading my SLR/Veyron analogy now and I can see the flaw in my logic...but I stand by it!

If you want a mad-nutter-******* car you buy Lamborghini/TVR/Koenigsegg and the like. An Aston shouldn't be like that - it should be subtle....but deadly!

*I knew I'd be alone in not liking this one!*
    I don't love it like i do the Aston, but the racing versions or rare versions of cars always look worse than their production counterparts. It is what makes them so special, the uglyliness factor. Think about all the rare cars in the world, like proper rare. The Veyron is hardly beautiful, nor is the SLR, McLaren F1, etc. It is because they are designed to go quick and well designed to stand out, by looking ugly.

Conversely, by this logic, if this is ugly by Aston Martin, it is still a beautiful car! Just not as beautiful as the DB5, or the DB9 or whatever. But it is quicker and more exquisite than the DB9...

ReputationRep:
    A little bit of liquid just came out of my penis..

ReputationRep:
    It's no Reventon, but I wouldn't kick it out of bed.

ReputationRep:
    *drool* anyone wanna get me one for christmas?!:p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gbduo)
    I don't love it like i do the Aston, but the racing versions or rare versions of cars always look worse than their production counterparts. It is what makes them so special, the uglyliness factor. Think about all the rare cars in the world, like proper rare. The Veyron is hardly beautiful, nor is the SLR, McLaren F1, etc. It is because they are designed to go quick and well designed to stand out, by looking ugly.

Conversely, by this logic, if this is ugly by Aston Martin, it is still a beautiful car! Just not as beautiful as the DB5, or the DB9 or whatever. But it is quicker and more exquisite than the DB9...
    Can't say I agree with that.

For a start the McLaren certainly isn't ugly and there are a lot of supercars that look great.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DirtyHarry)
    Can't say I agree with that.

For a start the McLaren certainly isn't ugly and there are a lot of supercars that look great.
    Fair enough!

ReputationRep:
    this is a bit old, was on Pistonheads a few months ago :P
    but yeah looks weird imo

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry but it doesn't look thaaaat good... the DBS V12 still looks the best... the only good thing i can see is the nice 7.2L engine... niiiice.

ReputationRep:
    That's not that pretty IMO

ReputationRep:
    It's like an uglier, more expensive DBS. Cool.

I'd rather have a DB9.

ReputationRep:
    awww its crying!! :cry:

ReputationRep:
    I just came in my pants.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 16, 2008
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.