Turn on thread page Beta

This is my situation:
    Female, in my mid-twenties, recently moved to England to go to uni here (I'm an undergrad). I'm living in halls with a bunch of other freshers, who are all 18/19. I'm okay with being 'the old lady', apart from the fact that it seems impossible to find a boyfriend! I've been single for quite a long time now (we're talking years here) - partly because I wanted to, partly because I didn't want to attach myself to anyone before moving abroad. But now I'm here, in England, I'm going to be here for a long time and I'd love to meet someone, but it's just so f***ing hard! I do have friends here, I go out, I've joined societes and I'm taking language classes, but I am yet to find any guys my age, let alone guys who are actually interesting! What to do?

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=725361

sorry, just had to

ReputationRep:
    what to do? Join the club!

ReputationRep:
    Everybody finds their someone, just for some it takes longer than for others.

ReputationRep:
    Try a younger guy, I'm sure they'd be delighted.

ReputationRep:
    I'd really like a girlfriend but everyone that I like is either out of my league or already taken. Plus I'm absolutely **** and awkward around women. :o:

ReputationRep:
    Maybe you could try doing things that aren't centred around the uni? I don't know, but at least you'll appreciate it more when someone does come along. yeah, thats the best bright side I could come up with. just enjoy being single. I haven't had a boyfriend for a couple of years, I miss it. I've probably had oppurtunities though, I'm just **** at taking them. Or realising them!

ReputationRep:
    Don't look or you won't find!
    I went to my college thinking I'd never get a boy because the course I do doesn't have a lot of males in it. Instead I met the most amazing guy there. Rather than at school I spent the whole of that single and there was hundreds of guys there. You just find love when you least expect it I guess.

ReputationRep:
    And you are.....where, exactly?

:hubba: :p:

(Original post by Federer Rulz)
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=725361

sorry, just had to
    I don't live in London.

ReputationRep:
    I want a girlfriend, we cant all have what we want

Finding decent people is hard!

ReputationRep:
    I want one too! It just.. isn't happening right now.

Danggit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amanda)
    I want one too! It just.. isn't happening right now.

Danggit.
    Hm, if it weren't for this damned Atlantic ocean...:p:

(Original post by Blátönn)
    Try a younger guy, I'm sure they'd be delighted.
    I'm no stranger to the idea. It's just that when most of the guys around you are almost 10 years younger, it gets a little creepy. :P Don't think I want to go there tbh!

ReputationRep:
    There's this girl studying the same course as me and she is just...amazing.
    Honestly, she's so beautiful, I swear she's like the daughter of Venus or something. She's so, so beautiful.
    I just sit behind her in lectures and think...wow.

ReputationRep:
    Get a toy boy.

ReputationRep:
    On Friday and Saturday nights you tend to get the older mid 20s-30s in clubs. Maybe try that?

Also there are third and fourth years at uni who are older, just find them in clubs, social events, etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tropical-twist3)
    Maybe you could try doing things that aren't centred around the uni? I don't know, but at least you'll appreciate it more when someone does come along. yeah, thats the best bright side I could come up with. just enjoy being single. I haven't had a boyfriend for a couple of years, I miss it. I've probably had oppurtunities though, I'm just **** at taking them. Or realising them!
    Yeah, I know that's what I should do. I just don't know exactly what that could be though. :P I've been perfectly happy being single before, but I guess when you reach 'a certain age' and you're the only one of your friends who's still single (and not married or living with someove or have kids), you start to panic a little bit.

ReputationRep:
    There Is Life Outside Your Apartment
    know it's hard to conceive.
    But there's life outside your apartment.
    And you're only gonna see it if you leave.

There is cool **** to do,
    But it can't come to you,
    And who knows, dude
    You might even score!

There is life outside your apartment.
    But you gotta open the door!

Its amazing how applicable Avenue Q songs are to the real world...

OP just get out more, there's life outside university and a whole bunch of single men...

(Original post by Saruken)
    I'd really like a girlfriend but everyone that I like is either out of my league or already taken. Plus I'm absolutely s**t and awkward around women. :o:
    I'm the same dude. It gets me down a bit sometimes.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 16, 2008
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.