Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by linda helena)
    Erm, can you stop talking about my appearance, please
    ok2 sorry. Just complimenting on your good looks. Anyways, your an attractive girl, i think you should make friends with guys and show them your positive values and characteristics. If you have the things they are looking for, then for sure they would want to know you more especially the guys your aiming say 24-26ish are mostly matured person (they should be!) so probably they are looking for more then beauty.

...urm am i helping? :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by newman24x)
    ok2 sorry. Just complimenting on your good looks. Anyways, your an attractive girl, i think you should make friends with guys and show them your positive values and characteristics. If you have the things they are looking for, then for sure they would want to know you more especially the guys your aiming say 24-26ish are mostly matured person (they should be!) so probably they are looking for more then beauty.

mmm I think that guys around that range of age want just to have a some good bed adventures cuz they are stressed of the job, the wife, the boss...

ReputationRep:
    There is a list.
    Oh, I don't know. I've only been doing psychology for about 4 weeks, so I'm not quite capable of reading people's minds or any of that spooky stuff people believe psychologists do just yet. :P
    I meant it relative to your situation... I'm not asking you to read guys minds..lol.. how dirty :p: I guess depending on your intentions haha

I meant an open question..but closed within the parameters which are ... what do you usually notice about guys that puts you off them ..lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darkeneddreams)
    I meant it relative to your situation... I'm not asking you to read guys minds..lol.. how dirty :p: I guess depending on your intentions haha

I meant an open question..but closed within the parameters which are ... what do you usually notice about guys that puts you off them ..lol
    they probably have pimples

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by motorhead)
    they probably have pimples
    I meant past the visual emphasis on the subject .....well she did say there's no interesting guys... though I'm just wondering what she meant by that...

ReputationRep:
    Well, then you know what it's like! Although I guess it'd be more acceptable for you to date an 18yo than it would be for me..
    I know the answer is to try and meet people who are not at uni, but I don't really know *how* to do that.
    It probably would be more acceptable to some people but not to me, I go for 21-27ish.

I dunno how I met my mates who arent students really, I suppose they were friends of friends etc but you meet a lot of people by working. I've been working my new job a week and know half the staff room now.

And, ofcourse, TSR is a good way to meet people, no joke.

ReputationRep:
    I was just thinking to another solution... the lecturers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jim-ie)
    And, ofcourse, TSR is a good way to meet people, no joke.
    naa I asked her if I'm a good candidate and she didn't even reply

ReputationRep:
    I was just thinking to another solution... the lecturers?
    Read some of the other pages and that will answer your question :p:

ReputationRep:
    Make a post on an internet forum asking for advice on the subject.

ReputationRep:
    Read some of the other pages and that will answer your question :p:
    lecturers have pimples ?

ReputationRep:
    naa I asked her if I'm a good candidate and she didn't even reply
    with you and that other fella fapping about her and comparing her to other birds maybe the silence was a better reply than you think mate

ReputationRep:
    lecturers have pimples ?
    They do indeed, in places you don't even want to think about :rolleyes:

:p:

ReputationRep:
    we compared her to one of the best model in the world. do me a favour...
    and of course I was kidding again, the guy in my avatar is clearly David Coulthard

ReputationRep:
    I'd give her an 11 out of 10.

ReputationRep:
    PM sent Linda :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amanda)
    Who said you'd ever have a chance? :rolleyes:
    LOL

ReputationRep:
    Well, then you know what it's like! Although I guess it'd be more acceptable for you to date an 18yo than it would be for me..
    I know the answer is to try and meet people who are not at uni, but I don't really know *how* to do that.
    Not alot really goes on in York, though there are good people around if you find them. I know a few people at both uni's, all of them older than 20 funnily enough, never seem to meet anyone in their first year.. i've noticed that most 18 - 19 year olds tend to go to the worst places on nights out, places where you definatly wouldn't want to meet anyone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by newman24x)

Thanks for replying, but I think you've sort of missed the whole point of my thread.

ReputationRep:

What puts me off the guys I meet here? They're immature, irresponsible, their idea of a good time means drawing penises all over their face, walking around from bar to bar singing dirty songs about girls fingering themselves and getting so wasted they end up in the hospital. Oh, and then there are the other ones, who are so painfully shy they'd never even speak to me. That pretty much sums up my male uni mates. :P

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 16, 2008
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.