Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My boy trouble is I have no boy trouble... Watch

I'm sorry, I know there are lots of these types of threads on this forum...

I have no experience with boys and whilst my friends are hooking up with boys and losing their virginities ect. Not like thats what I'm desperate to do, but it makes me feel like a loser.

There is this boy I've been crushing on. He's in our 6th form and I'm in Yr11 - age gap? I think he's been with lots of girls and I've heard he's a player. (OK, not making him sound too great.) But if I fancied any boy I wouldn't know what to do about it. All I've done so far is stared at this boy for weeks even when I don't realise I'm doing it, which has probably made him think I'm a complete freak.

What do you do to get boys attracted to you? Surely they don't just gallop over and ask you out? Girls do some legwork? I'm such a loser and don't know how to react when I see someone gorgeous. Life would be so much easier if I looked like Beyonce and had 100% confidence that guys liked the look of me. But thats so not happenning...

How was it when you had your first boyfriends? First crushes - what do you do about them? Its so embarassing...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Surely they don't just gallop over and ask you out? Girls do some legwork?
    actually they do, quite often. but only the ugly/olds ones,

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps you could add them on MSN or Facebook or something similar that's not threatening?
    And get to know him that way?

ReputationRep:
    How about you try talking to him? If he is a 'player' then he probably has a very big ego which is covering up for a fundamental lack of confidence. If you stroke that ego a little bit then I'm sure he would love it!

ReputationRep:
    yeah, sounds like getting into a relationship isn't a good idea.

my personal experience, when I was desperate to get a girlfriend and afraid of dying alone (was I the only afraid 16 year old about that?), I scared girls away.

When I got a grip, and just accepted I was single, probably for a reason, **** (with a capital f) it just get on with life (and lonely ****s every night in bed), when I didn't expect to fall for anyone or vice versa, because I wasn't looking, that's when it hit.

What's the point of having a boyfriend? to find love? to have a quick bang? to say "I've got a boyfriend and makes me no longer a loser"?

it sounds as if you're just not happy with who you are and wanting a boyfriend is more of a quick fix idea, quick fixes usually don't work with psychological things.

ReputationRep:
    tl;dr no one gives a toss about relationships when you're in year11 unless your gullible enough to copy the popular ones who are covering something up.

If it happens great, woopdiedoo great for you, if not no one really cares. Of course you could flaunt as well, but that would be the easy, non emotionally satisfying way out.

ReputationRep:
    any update from the OP?

If you want to talk to someone in PM's feel free to contact me, I'll keep your username secret (unless you can PM as if you're an anon, in which case you wouldn't need to trust me either).

i feel like that some days and is sort of in a similar situation. if his a 'player' then its probably just best to wait for another guy to come along trust me it will be worth the wait

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 14, 2008
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.