Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Slept with mate, now ignoring me watch

Announcements

I slept with my guy mate (who has a girlfriend) but we'd liked each other ever since we met. It was him who made the first moves and we ended up getting with each other, and a few days later we slept together. Everything seemed great afterwards, he was still with his girlfriend but he text me many times a day for about 2 weeks. Then one day, I sent him a reply to his text which was something very casual like 'I'm going to class have an exam'. I never heard from him after that, so after about 5 days I text him as if everything was normal and asked what he was upto.. but no reply.

He is on my facebook and online on my msn so he hasn't deleted me from there, but it's been about 2 weeks now and I have had no reply. He's also come to the town I live in last week and didn't let me know, although when we were texting earlier he kept mentioning that he would be down, and to see me too.

So I'm wondering, what is going on? I've left the matter for a while now, and it's driving me crazy so I'm thinking of sending a text asking what's wrong or whether I've done something wrong.

Does anyone have any ideas on what could have possibly made him stop talking to me? Should I send him a text? Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Does anyone have any ideas on what could have possibly made him stop talking to me? Should I send him a text? Thanks.
    His conscience, perchance?

the missus got on his back, shes suspicious, she can smell you!

ReputationRep:
    Honestly? If you want a straight answer, ring him and ask him what is going on.

If he doesn't pick up leave a voicemail asking him to ring you back. If he doesn't there is your answer.

ReputationRep:
    He's wrecked his emotional integrity and is now stuck between a rock and a hard place...ergo cool off a while OP, 2 weeks may seem a while but in reality ir's really not.

ReputationRep:
    Wow, sounds so familiar. Guys do this, they feel guilty.

ReputationRep:
    OP, why did you do that? "liking him" isnt enough i dont think, i mean he has a girlfriend, you should respect him enough not to get in the way of that.

I would expect, like these other guys, that he has been screwed up by this whole situation and is possibly trying to cut you off because its easiest for him to get over you that way.

ReputationRep:
    also the fact he cheated on his gf with you shows the type of person he is, and that could happen to you!

ReputationRep:
    I slept with my guy mate (who has a girlfriend) but we'd liked each other ever since we met. It was him who made the first moves and we ended up getting with each other, and a few days later we slept together. Everything seemed great afterwards, he was still with his girlfriend but he text me many times a day for about 2 weeks. Then one day, I sent him a reply to his text which was something very casual like 'I'm going to class have an exam'. I never heard from him after that, so after about 5 days I text him as if everything was normal and asked what he was upto.. but no reply.

He is on my facebook and online on my msn so he hasn't deleted me from there, but it's been about 2 weeks now and I have had no reply. He's also come to the town I live in last week and didn't let me know, although when we were texting earlier he kept mentioning that he would be down, and to see me too.

So I'm wondering, what is going on? I've left the matter for a while now, and it's driving me crazy so I'm thinking of sending a text asking what's wrong or whether I've done something wrong.

Is he definitely still alive? If so, call him..and sort it out nothing could be worse than waiting for a month then chatting about it. At least if you contact him asap, you know where you stand.

(Original post by Nynyflower)
    Wow, sounds so familiar. Guys do this, they feel guilty.
    Some do, some don't. I've know guys to do this to a few girls at a time, pretty ******, but that's life I'm afraid, anyway she knew he had a girlfriend, so what was she expecting? Either a threesome? Or for him to fall in love with her and live happily ever after..........

..give me some tissues.

I know he's alive because he comes online on msn and his facebook changes everyday.. I didn't expect much really, it was something that just happened with the agreement of both parties without thinking of the consequences. One thing I didn't expect is for him to sleep with me, text me like crazy,and then cut me out completely. I would be able to move on easily if he gave me a reason for why he doesn't want to talk, but when things are hanging in the air like this it's really hard.

I mean if he started to ignore me straight away I would understand, but now? I'm lost.

ReputationRep:
    I know he's alive because he comes online on msn and his facebook changes everyday.. I didn't expect much really, it was something that just happened with the agreement of both parties without thinking of the consequences. One thing I didn't expect is for him to sleep with me, text me like crazy,and then cut me out completely. I would be able to move on easily if he gave me a reason for why he doesn't want to talk, but when things are hanging in the air like this it's really hard.

I mean if he started to ignore me straight away I would understand, but now? I'm lost.
    First scenario I thought out was that his girlfriend found out about it, or he told her, and she's basically demanding no contact with you as a result, and he's obliging...?

ReputationRep:
    What do you want a trophy? what a slut.

ReputationRep:

he*understood that he committed sin with you and now is again on the road for heaven

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ßlαcksωαn)
    What do you want a trophy? what a slut.
    this^

Try not opening your legs for once. Maybe he doesn't want to be friends with such a slapper.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JW)
    His conscience, perchance?
    Indeed.
    OP, if you don't want to be the girl who is just there for sex then don't be one. If he didn't break up with his girlfriend despite having slept with you, maybe even "started something" from your point of view, then it kind of shows how he sees and values you compared to his girlfriend.

You have plenty of options and you have no need to sleep with a guy who has a girlfriend and who hasn't made it clear it's over. What does that show about him anyway? That he's likely to be a sleazebag who gets what he wants from girls and has few morals/little conscience. He clearly got what he wanted from you.

Sorry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yuffie)
    Maybe he doesn't want to be friends with such a slapper.
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    He has a girlfriend and you slept with him? Well done.

Come on now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by motorhead)
    he*understood that he committed sin with you and now is again on the road for heaven
    lol!
    Pie Iesu Domine, dona eis requiem!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oracle_163)
    lol!
    Pie Iesu Domine, dona eis requiem!

ReputationRep:

I'm starting to agree with other posts, that he started to fall for you, slept with you, continued to fall but then something has happened..maybe he wasn't spending much time with his gf , as he was with you..now he's spending more time with her, and its reflected on his guilt what he's done and now he's avoiding contact with you (That doesn't mean its ok, just he's a bit of a coward)...

Or this could be the other scenario

(Original post by suek)
    First scenario I thought out was that his girlfriend found out about it, or he told her, and she's basically demanding no contact with you as a result, and he's obliging...?
    Agreed.

Unfortunately, that doesn't help you too much in what to do. I'd forget about him and move on. If he suddenly contacts you wanting more, then it depends whether he splits up with his gf or stays with her ...then you know whether it was all just for sex and he's using both his gf and you.

But until then, and I'm doubtful he'll split up with his gf, then move on........

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 17, 2008
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.