Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Darren Bent V Jermaine Defoe Watch

• View Poll Results: Darren Bent V Jermaine Defoe
    Jermaine Defoe
    85.37%
    Darren Bent
    14.63%

ReputationRep:
    Both are good for keeping the England Bench warm for 86 minutes & then coming on for the last 4 mins + Injury Time.

ReputationRep:
    Defoe, definitely

ReputationRep:
    Ugh Darren Bent is very VERY average. Defoe is actually an instinctive finisher with a genuinely good sense of position and some nice touches. Defoe is the poor man's Michael Owen, while Bent is a budget Rob Hulse.

Defoe > Bent

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Andrew.)
    Both are good for keeping the England Bench warm for 86 minutes & then coming on for the last 4 mins + Injury Time.
    Defoe will give you far more impact off the bench then Bent will for me. If you look at Defoe's scoring record for Spurs after comming off the bench it's pretty impressive.

ReputationRep:
    Bent is bigger and better in the air than Defoe.
    Since those are two key attributes in good english laddery I give it to Bent.

ReputationRep:
    Jermaine Defoe any day of the week. Arguably the best poacher in the PL.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mermania)
    Bent is bigger and better in the air than Defoe.
    Since those are two key attributes in good english laddery I give it to Bent.
    Says a guy with Delap in his avatar... So basically what you said was a little more predictable than the rising sun.

English football =/= launch + bus

kthx

ReputationRep:
    Delap is a hero. Imagine him and Dave Challinor on either wing...they'd keep goalkeepers awake at night.

ReputationRep:
    Defoe.

Bent needs good players around him to supply crosses, and even then your unsure that he will finish. He doesn't supply anything else to the game. I get so so frustrated with him.

Defoe can create chances on his own and adds more to the game then just goals. He is almost certain to finish when a good cross comes his way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stu Laverty)
    Had you asked me three weeks ago, I would have said Defoe comfortably.

Now, I do think Defoe is better, however Bent is not without his positives. I think that Bent is in this harsh circle where he will always be "overpriced" to everyone, given that he was more expensive than Henry, etc. However, Bent is a more intelligent player than Defoe, IMO, however Defoe is better as a footballer.

I'd probably say they're both good, but I agree with those who say neither are England standard.
    but I agree with those who say neither are England standard.

Eh, really! There's Rooney, Heskey, whose our other foward then?

There's Crouch, Cole, Owen, Bent, Defoe.

After Heskey we need a finisher, surely that's Defoe..

ReputationRep:
    Oh, sorry, I just relised this thread was 2008..
    How on earth did I get to it??

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: November 24, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.