Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Would I be right in saying most head teachers remain in charge at one school for many years?

If so why do you think this is? Less pressure, more long term planning!

In the midst of a uni essay :p:

Cheers
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Isn't the pay package for a headteacher as high as you can go? You've reached the top of the ladder, so you might as well stay there.

Plus in the case of my own secondary school, the head teacher couldn't leave. She has to either retire or die :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
    Plus in the case of my own secondary school, the head teacher couldn't leave. She has to either retire or die :eek:

How could she not leave? If the woman's gonna leave, the woman's gonna leave.

ReputationRep:
    i dunno, at my school the head was there for 5 years then left. She kind of transformed the school though and moved to a bigger school that needed improving. So i suppose they can leave if they want a challenge
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by loopy_laura)
    How could she not leave? If the woman's gonna leave, the woman's gonna leave.
    It's in her contract that she can't leave, because it's a vocational post (she's a nun and my school is a convent school)

ReputationRep:
    They stay for years because the pay is good and they don't have (as much) work to do. I swear my headteacher does nothing all year round (other than sit in her office and smoke cigars).

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.