The Student Room Group

Do you need to declare a South American wife?

Basically my friend wants to get married in South America.He and his gf are long distance and polyam and she lives there. The marriage would be in South America but it would be 100% legit (recognisable in the UK ). My question is, will he still need to update his marital status in SFE? And if so, would he have to provide details of his wife's income?... cause South America is very shady and basically even the big companies pay one amount on paper and a different amount in cash/crypto. Most people's situations is not tracked by an HRMC equivalent. So, it would bring him more problems to try and get papers from there. Also, how would that affect his entitlement to SF and ML?Thanks
Original post by James689755
Basically my friend wants to get married in South America.He and his gf are long distance and polyam and she lives there. The marriage would be in South America but it would be 100% legit (recognisable in the UK ). My question is, will he still need to update his marital status in SFE? And if so, would he have to provide details of his wife's income?... cause South America is very shady and basically even the big companies pay one amount on paper and a different amount in cash/crypto. Most people's situations is not tracked by an HRMC equivalent. So, it would bring him more problems to try and get papers from there. Also, how would that affect his entitlement to SF and ML?Thanks

Hi there, If your friend is getting married we would require their wife's income and evidence of their income to assess the funding they are entitled to receive. Thanks Karen

Quick Reply

Latest