The Student Room Group

Dentistry help

I got a grade 5 in GCSES for chemistry so I am not able to do it but want to study dentistry in the future. I will be doing history and biology Alevel and what other choice do I have to get into dentistry if I dont do Alevel chemistry
Reply 1
Resit chemistry
Original post by souelle
Resit chemistry

how can i do that i do ocr btw
Original post by student964
I got a grade 5 in GCSES for chemistry so I am not able to do it but want to study dentistry in the future. I will be doing history and biology Alevel and what other choice do I have to get into dentistry if I dont do Alevel chemistry

Your options for dentistry are very limited if you don't study A-level chemistry.
Original post by hungrysalamander
Your options for dentistry are very limited if you don't study A-level chemistry.

Is there any btec I could do that would replace that as all my other grades are are 9 but i did bad on bio and chem bcz i wasnt well but i can do bio at college but not chem. I was planning on doing biology chemistry and history but i have a prblem with chem now
Is there any btec I could do that would replace that as all my other grades are are 9 but i did bad on bio and chem bcz i wasnt well but i can do bio at college but not chem. I was planning on doing biology chemistry and history but i have a prblem with chem now

There are a limited selection of dental schools which accept BTECs and/or Access courses: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/university/courses/dentistry/dentistry-entry-requirements-undergraduate-alternatives-to-a-levels

However, you would still need to check you meet GCSE requirements and some schools do require specific grades in sciences, including chemistry.

You'll limit your options further by doing BTECs. Sheffield and Leeds accept BTECs and Bristol only accepts BTECs if you take A-level chemistry.

Quick Reply

Latest