Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

basically i came out of a relationionship of 2 years in September, this relationship grew me into the person i am now, matured/focused me, etc - it ended coz it had to but were still on good terms.

so now i am thinking about this girl, she's fancied me since before this other relationship and i've always let her aside. I get on with her very welll, and she's got the heart of gold and she's attractive. I know she wants to make something serious, but should i go into a relationship knowing that

1. I think i still prefer my ex (even though i'll never see her again or we barely talk)
    2. I know if this did evolve im looking at completely different dynamics in the relationship in that she's -to put it simply shes a footballers wife style girl, in contrast to my ex being the independent career driven one.

what are the pros and cons of this new relationsionship - i hate being single right now.

is it fair to go into this relationship with the intention of having fun over the next year or 2, even i don't see her as a life partner.

p.s. sorry for the incoherence im quite drunk

ReputationRep:
    If you don't like her that much don't go out with her.
    Christ, time to put the bottle down methinks.

ReputationRep:
    you can't be THAT drunk, there are hardly any typos in your post...

ReputationRep:
    OP, re-read your post. You shouldn't do that to someone, who by your own confession, has liked you for the past two years!! Even when you had a partner!

ReputationRep:
    If you care about her at all, you wouldn't do that to her. She really likes you and wants a long-term relationship, but all you want is some fun?
    She'd be heartbroken.

Don't do it!

ReputationRep:
    I think give it a go, but tell her you're really not looking for a serious relationship at the moment, especially after your last one. Then, the onus is on her to get over that or wait 'til you're ready and hope that when you are ready, you've changed your mind about her and can see her as a life partner.
    Also, she might not be so ready for a serious relationship as you think, it's not always that easy to tell, and even if she has said she is, her feelings might change once in a relationship.

Don't just give up the chance, but honesty, open-mindedness and good communication is the key.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 13, 2008
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.