This discussion is closed.
ladyshort4u
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
can anyone give me as many similarites as they can between apes and humans - see i have an essay question for psychology which im SO stuck on :confused:

any help would be appreciated

THANKSSSS

Love ladyshort
Jonah Ramone
Badges: 19
Report 14 years ago
Ingenuity. They use tools, well sticks and rocks as crude tools. Can walk on two feet. Look after their young until a certain age as well as interacting in small family groups. Erm, that's all I can think of, soz.
Kew
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Humans and apes are descended from a common ancestor, so it is no wonder we share similarities.
ladyshort4u
Rep:
?
(Original post by Blue_Garage)
Ingenuity. They use tools, well sticks and rocks as crude tools. Can walk on two feet. Look after their young until a certain age as well as interacting in small family groups. Erm, that's all I can think of, soz.

No thats fine. Thank you, Any help is good. The actual question is

The African great ape bushmeat crisis is arguably the most serious animal conservation issue in the world today. explain why this is so, making specific reference to the evolutionary relationship between human and non-human primates.

See I know why its a serious animal conservation issue and Ive done a lot of research but It's hard to connect it with the latter part of the question...

Any help appreciated

THANKS GUYS

Love ladyshort
Weejimmie
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Is this actually a serious conservation issue? I'd haVe thought that the destruction of the habiat they live in, with tens of thousands of plant, insect and animal species, was more serious.
Certainly it's more noticeable and emotionally arousing, though. There's the fact that it is getting pretty close to cannibalism, genetically, with all the apes having 95% or more of their genes in common with humans. [Agreed, when we eat carrots we're talking about something with about 30% of the genes in common, but you've got to draw the line somewhere]. Actually, a lot of early explorers alleged that cannibalism was wide-spread in Africa. Perhaps what they saw was bush-meat- you probably wouldn't look too closely.
DRWallace
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by ladyshort4u)
can anyone give me as many similarites as they can between apes and humans - see i have an essay question for psychology which im SO stuck on :confused:

any help would be appreciated

THANKSSSS

Love ladyshort
Here's another similarity
ladyshort4u
Rep:
?
(Original post by Weejimmie)
Is this actually a serious conservation issue? I'd haVe thought that the destruction of the habiat they live in, with tens of thousands of plant, insect and animal species, was more serious.
Certainly it's more noticeable and emotionally arousing, though. There's the fact that it is getting pretty close to cannibalism, genetically, with all the apes having 95% or more of their genes in common with humans. [Agreed, when we eat carrots we're talking about something with about 30% of the genes in common, but you've got to draw the line somewhere]. Actually, a lot of early explorers alleged that cannibalism was wide-spread in Africa. Perhaps what they saw was bush-meat- you probably wouldn't look too closely.

well we watched a documentary in class and my fiance lives in africa n both said it is a very serious issue. But I don't know about the most serious. I'm just finding the structure of this essay hard and any help really would be appreciated. Any other connections between human's and apes!?
ladyshort4u
Rep:
?
(Original post by DRWallace)
Here's another similarity

Thank you
ladyshort4u
Rep:
?
HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLP P-P-P-P-P-P-P-P-P-P-P-P-P-P-PLEEEEEEEASE

LOL

can i tempt you with rep???
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (17)
7.17%
They might tell the bully (25)
10.55%
I don't think they'd understand (40)
16.88%
It might lead to more bullying (84)
35.44%
There's nothing they could do (71)
29.96%

Watched Threads