Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am not sure if this is the right place to put this but basically I have a problem and I was wondering if anyone knows what I should do. I bought tickets from West Sussex to York for the 22nd November for a football match, which has now been rearanged. As I can no longer go I was wondering how I go about getting rid of these tickets and getting at least part of my money back? I have run the train company and they are refusing to give me a refund. What do I do? thank you in advance....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crawleytownfc)
    I am not sure if this is the right place to put this but basically I have a problem and I was wondering if anyone knows what I should do. I bought tickets from West Sussex to York for the 22nd November for a football match, which has now been rearanged. As I can no longer go I was wondering how I go about getting rid of these tickets and getting at least part of my money back? I have rung the train company and they are refusing to give me a refund. What do I do? thank you in advance....
    Not a lot you can do I'm afraid.

Chances are the terms and conditions of the advance ticket you purchased were that it was non-refundable and non-exchangeable.

Advance tickets are cheap because you get absolutely no flexibility.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Expression)
    Not a lot you can do I'm afraid.

Chances are the terms and conditions of the advance ticket you purchased were that it was non-refundable and non-exchangeable.

Advance tickets are cheap because you get absolutely no flexibility.
    Ditto that. Your best bet OP, is if you have travel insurance which covers you within the UK. If you do, you may be able to make a claim under it, although that's by no means a certainty.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.