The Student Room Group
University of York
York
cymruambyth
Hey guys and girls!

Just wondering where the guys on the board have been going to get their barnets cut? Is there a decent hairdressers in town? There should be one on campus, me thinks ...

Dan

i know the guys that i know go to the one on campus, over by langwith laundry and B block, supposed to be pretty good i think
University of York
York
Reply 2
Oh, nice one Claireeeek! I'll check it out tomorrow.

You study linguistics, don't ya? Or am I getting people mixed up? ...If you do, what do you reckon of the course so far?

Dan
Reply 3
Claireeek321
i know the guys that i know go to the one on campus, over by langwith laundry and B block, supposed to be pretty good i think

yeay campus ken!!
Reply 4
yeah, Campus Ken did a pro job on me a few days ago. You'll most likely need to book though, he seems pretty busy most of the time.

and if you come to A block, you can hear a classic ditty that Andrew penned in Ken's honour! :cool:
oldy
yeah, Campus Ken did a pro job on me a few days ago. You'll most likely need to book though, he seems pretty busy most of the time.

and if you come to A block, you can hear a classic ditty that Andrew penned in Ken's honour! :cool:

ah of course! "caaampus kennnnnn......" - classic :wink:
cymruambyth
Oh, nice one Claireeeek! I'll check it out tomorrow.

You study linguistics, don't ya? Or am I getting people mixed up? ...If you do, what do you reckon of the course so far?

Dan

i do i do study linguistics indeed. i think the course is pretty good so far, i only do syntax and phonetics so no fab semantics or socio for me *sob*. im really enjoying phonetics, even though i find it harder than syntax, but yeah, its pretty good so far for me, too much work though! how are you finding it?
Reply 7
Uuuuuuh, it's okay. I find linguistics really interesting, and the lecturers are great, but I'm not putting in as much work as I could be (check out my rant from yesterday ... (http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=1590273#post1590273)
Reply 8
I went to some place in town, £9, not bad, but the guy was savage, most painful haircut Ive ever had I think!
the place above browns in heslington, its amaaazin! and the lady was gorgeous who cut it. wash, cut and style for 12 quid with nus
Reply 10
I'd personally go with campus ken... you have to book but he's damn cheap (about £6), does a good job, and a very entertaining man...

I've tried a few in York town but none have overly impressed me. One for example thought "thinning out my hair" was cutting it really really really short (the one by the camera shop). Wasn't best pleased..

Latest

Trending

Trending