The Student Room Group
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde

Strathclyde Accommodations

Strathclyde said that an offer for on-campus accommodation hall was sent, but it was never received. Now they are saying that the deadline to answer has passed and there is no available housing on or off campus. I am a first year international student from Los Angeles who still needs housing. There does not seem to be any private accommodation available either. Any and all suggestions welcome.
Original post by Strathclyde CS
Strathclyde said that an offer for on-campus accommodation hall was sent, but it was never received. Now they are saying that the deadline to answer has passed and there is no available housing on or off campus. I am a first year international student from Los Angeles who still needs housing. There does not seem to be any private accommodation available either. Any and all suggestions welcome.

Hello @Strathclyde CS :smile: Really sorry to hear you're having trouble finding accommodation; there's been issues with accommodation availability across Glasgow this year and we can appreciate how stressful that is.

Have you added yourself to the waiting list for on-campus accommodation? If not, I'd recommend making sure you do just in case any space becomes available. You can also get in touch with our students' union via their housing advice pages here: https://www.strathunion.com/support/housing/. They have a useful housing guide too which can be helpful especially if you're not familiar with the local areas: https://www.strathunion.com/pageassets/advice/housing/findinghousing/Advice_Hub_House_Hunting_Starter_Guide.pdf. The guide breaks down different areas in/around Glasgow for you to consider.

Hope this helps a bit but please let me know if you've any other questions I can answer.

- Caitlin :h:
Official University of Strathclyde Rep
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde
Reply 2

Me and one other are looking into a flat share if you are interested?
I am
Reply 4
I’ve still not got any accom and was wondering if anybody wanted to flat share
Reply 5
Anybody looking to flat share. Have to go into uni from next week and still don’t have Accommodation
Reply 6
I'm in the same boat, travelling down from London next week
Reply 7

I'm in the same boat, travelling to Strathclyde uni from London next week & still no confirmed accommodation & private accommodation all booked up.
Reply 8
Original post by Raaed
Anybody looking to flat share. Have to go into uni from next week and still don’t have Accommodation

Yes, I'm interested
Reply 9
yes I'm interested
Reply 10
My Snapchat is rfirdoose8 add me and we can talk more there

Original post by EliasT
yes I'm interested

Quick Reply

Latest