Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, trying to keep this as short as possible:
    I go to school with this girl who i'm starting to fall for, however, there is this other guy she could be attracted to, we have been texting everyday for about 4 weeks,i was just wondering whether to ask her out or not?
    Also, there is a camp coming up for school, which i didn't get selected for, but this girl and the other guy did selected for, i was supposed to be selected for it but i didn't? This could move her away from me to him? She kept complaining how i didn't get selected
    Finally, we have been out a few times, only once alone, which was our first time, but the other times have been with a group and have been really awkward, even she admits it. We went out last night to the movies and i sat next to her, and she was texting someone throughout the whole movie, which isn't usually like her, i found this really rude?
    So please, give me some advice whether to ask her out and when i should do it?
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Dooo it :-D

ReputationRep:
    Go ask her out before she goes to that camp!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by guypie3)
    I go to school with this girl who i'm starting to fall for, however, there is this other guy she could be attracted to, we have been texting everyday for about 4 weeks,i was just wondering whether to ask her out or not?
    Also, there is a camp coming up for school, which i didn't get selected for, but this girl and the other guy did selected for, i was supposed to be selected for it but i didn't? This could move her away from me to him? She kept complaining how i didn't get selected
    Finally, we have been out a few times, only once alone, which was our first time, but the other times have been with a group and have been really awkward, even she admits it. We went out last night to the movies and i sat next to her, and she was texting someone throughout the whole movie, which isn't usually like her, i found this really rude?
    Thanks

Has she said who this guy is? If she hasn't, it maybe you. She might be making it up that he's going on the camping trip, in order to make it look not so obvious that it is you (I'm thinking this as I don't know whether you know who this guy is). In addition, if she was texting in the cinema and you were alone, maybe she's nervous, if she fancies you. I was feeling the same kind of way when I first went out with my boyfriend.

ReputationRep:
    do it no time like the present :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by guypie3)
    Thanks
    Dude, just ask her out, but be casual about it. I assume that since you said you sat next to her at the movies, you were there with other people too. Just say "Hey, let's go to the movies again, but this time just me and you." Get her hooked on you before this camp. She must have been sad that you didn't get selected for it.

Oh, and about the texting thing, well she was probably just talking with one of her gf's about you and how you were sitting next to her in the movie and all . . . it's what girls do.

Follow your gut, and don't even worry about the other guy. Show her your confidence and just ask her out. Confidence always wins. And hey, if it doesn't work out, well she is going to camp, and it will all cool over while she's gone . . . but from what you say, that won't be an issue.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 13, 2008
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.