Turn on thread page Beta

Not sure how this is going to end... watch

ReputationRep:
    Ok, I posted on here a while ago about my boyfriend texting another girl really explicit, sexual messages. I decided to stay with him, even though it really hurt me. Now I am thinking if this was the right decision. I have tried so hard to start to build back up the trust, but I find myself waiting for him to do something wrong, waiting for him to hurt me again.

We live in eachothers pockets... Spend every day together and nights as well... I don't think we have spent more than a few days/nights apart in a whole year! So leaving him is a really huge leap for me to make. I'm a dependant person and the thought of being on my own sometimes feels worse than staying with him. I love him... I just can't cope with waiting for him to hurt me again.

Ok, so would it be too late to leave him, considering I said I wouldn't after the texting incident? Are there any ways to help me get over 'needing' him?

Cheers
    xxx

ReputationRep:
    You have the upper hand in this situation, you don't owe him anything, do what you choose when you choose, it's never too late.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ßlαcksωαn)
    You have the upper hand in this situation, you don't owe him anything, do what you choose when you choose, it's never too late.
    Guess I just need someone there holding my hand lol! I just feel bad as he has done everything right since! Been super attentive, really trying hard... I just can't stand it! I was NEVER a jealous person, but now I am finding it hard when he talks about girls at work!! It's eating me up inside, but I know he's trying so hard!

xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sib)
    We live in eachothers pockets... Spend every day together and nights as well... I don't think we have spent more than a few days/nights apart in a whole year!
    But you want to leave him because of some texts?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samba)
    But you want to leave him because of some texts?
    I felt super betrayed by the messages... They were absolute filth... He won't discuss anything sexual with me... I'm waiting for him etc cos of his religion. He rang this girl everynight before bed saying how much he missed her etc, asked for a 'dirty photo to get him going' and told her exactly (no holds barred, trust me..) what he would like to do to her next time they see eachother. This went on for months before I even said anything. I don't KNOW if he has cheated, but whenever he goes home he sees this girl. It cut deep. So in essence, yes, I want to dump him over a few texts, but there is a bit more to it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sib)
    I felt super betrayed by the messages... They were absolute filth... He won't discuss anything sexual with me... I'm waiting for him etc cos of his religion. He rang this girl everynight before bed saying how much he missed her etc, asked for a 'dirty photo to get him going' and told her exactly (no holds barred, trust me..) what he would like to do to her next time they see eachother. This went on for months before I even said anything. I don't KNOW if he has cheated, but whenever he goes home he sees this girl. It cut deep. So in essence, yes, I want to dump him over a few texts, but there is a bit more to it.
    but he's WITH you. And maybe he actually respects you sexually and wont do things because of religion etc, then it may be possible she is just a sexual release mechanism/throwaway for those things. Religious people often have respect for their own, but none for random girls.

I'm not saying his behaviour is at all excusable, but there must be some sort of logic behind him using her like that, especially if he's not sexual with you at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samba)
    but he's WITH you. And maybe he actually respects you sexually and wont do things because of religion etc, then it may be possible she is just a sexual release mechanism/throwaway for those things. Religious people often have respect for their own, but none for random girls.

I'm not saying his behaviour is at all excusable, but there must be some sort of logic behind him using her like that, especially if he's not sexual with you at all.
    I see where you are coming from... It's just hard when I know that he sees this girl when he goes home, rings her all the time... I know they are friends and things, so I didn't ask him to stop. It is him that is in the wrong, and she shouldn't lose a friend over it (he told her I had broken up with him...). But because of this I feel insecure... I need his reassurance all the time and I don't feel its condusive of a healthy relationship. Whether or not he respects me more than her, doesn't actually make me feel more secure in our relationship.

ReputationRep:
    The only people you need in your life are the ones that prove they need you in theirs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SofinaaBabess)
    The only people you need in your life are the ones that prove they need you in theirs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ßlαcksωαn)
    Lolz.

Took you a while to quote me :hmmm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SofinaaBabess)
    Lolz.

Took you a while to quote me :hmmm:
    sorry :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Learn to trust or live with the uncertainty. It's technically your problem as there isn't much he can do now.
    Is this the only thing he's done? Do you have a genuine reason to assume further hurt?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sib)
    Guess I just need someone there holding my hand lol
    ill be there to hold ur hand :p:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 13, 2008
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.