The Student Room Group

Life at LAET

London Academy of Excellence Tottenham

Need advice and help
Basic questions to answer I heard there isn’t a uniform so what do boys usually wear?
Reply 1
Hi I’m wondering if your are allowed to use the lifts at LAE Tottenham. I have sent this to other forums as well first time user any help would be appreciated thanks. Also you are given lockers right?
3. Do you student ID cards just open the barriers at the student entrance and used for payment at the canteen or do they unlock other rooms aswell?
4. What happens on the induction day for LAE Tottenham?
Reply 2
Hi, I am also going to the induction day. The plan for the day should be inside the booklet given when enrolled.
Reply 3
Original post by HCV_14
Hi, I am also going to the induction day. The plan for the day should be inside the booklet given when enrolled.

Thanks
Original post by Chiasmuss
Hi I’m wondering if your are allowed to use the lifts at LAE Tottenham. I have sent this to other forums as well first time user any help would be appreciated thanks. Also you are given lockers right?
3. Do you student ID cards just open the barriers at the student entrance and used for payment at the canteen or do they unlock other rooms aswell?
4. What happens on the induction day for LAE Tottenham?

You’re allowed to use the lifts when you enter the school but whilst you’re in school you’re expected to use the stairs (unless you have a health condition)

Yes everyone is given a locker

The student ID cards cannot open any other doors unfortunately :frown:
London Academy of Excellence Tottenham

Need advice and help
Basic questions to answer I heard there isn’t a uniform so what do boys usually wear?

There's no uniform but there is a dress code.

You need a collared shirt, smart trousers and shoes suitable for a workplace. Essentially you need to wear what you would've at secondary but it's your choice of where you buy it from and not school branded. Blazer/Jumper is not required, at least based on 80% of the boys.
Reply 6
Are you allowed to use your laptops/tablets/phones during class for note taking?
Original post by HCV_14
Are you allowed to use your laptops/tablets/phones during class for note taking?

Yes, a few people in my classes do it. The school proovides a chromebook but no one takes actual notes with them. Be sure to bring your own tablet or whatnot since the chromebooks aren't that good and also just mention to the teacher you'll be using it for notes.

See you at LAET!
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 8
Original post by AimPerfectly
Yes, a few people in my classes do it. The school proovides a chromebook but no one takes actual notes with them. Be sure to bring your own tablet or whatnot since the chromebooks aren't that good and also just mention to the teacher you'll be using it for notes.

See you at LAET!

Oh Alright thank you!
Reply 9
Original post by HCV_14
Oh Alright thank you!

I’m in M23 Brighton what about you HCV and anyone else I’d your going induction day
Reply 10
I’m in M23 Brighton what about you HCV and anyone else I’d your going induction day

Hi I am in U21 OR U12 i forgot i will check later but im in Heythrope
Reply 11
Original post by HCV_14
Hi I am in U21 OR U12 i forgot i will check later but im in Heythrope

Nice trouble is now I’m felling exited and nervous so it’ll be difficult to get to sleep
Reply 12
Nice trouble is now I’m felling exited and nervous so it’ll be difficult to get to sleep

Ikr im also nervous that i wont be able to make any friends cuz idk anyone there
Original post by HCV_14
Ikr im also nervous that i wont be able to make any friends cuz idk anyone there

Don’t worry about that. LAET is a very open and friendly place. If you’re like me, you’ll take a little to adjust but you’ll quickly find that everyone at LAET is different to other schools and your secondary. You’ll love the atmosphere and naturally want to befriend everyone because of how nice they are. LAET gives you many ways to make friends, for example tutor time discussions and interactions involve talking to the people around you and that’s the way most people make their first few friends there. It’s an anxious yet exciting and positive experience! So yes, don’t worry :smile:
Don’t worry about that. LAET is a very open and friendly place. If you’re like me, you’ll take a little to adjust but you’ll quickly find that everyone at LAET is different to other schools and your secondary. You’ll love the atmosphere and naturally want to befriend everyone because of how nice they are. LAET gives you many ways to make friends, for example tutor time discussions and interactions involve talking to the people around you and that’s the way most people make their first few friends there. It’s an anxious yet exciting and positive experience! So yes, don’t worry :smile:

Hey, I have a question if that's alright. I wasn't able to do my maths transition work, but I've done it for my other subjects. Will they make that a problem, like giving me detention or anything like that in the first lesson, or will the teacher just talk about it with me?

Also are the teachers strict, or are they more kind and understanding?
Original post by swxzxey
Hey, I have a question if that's alright. I wasn't able to do my maths transition work, but I've done it for my other subjects. Will they make that a problem, like giving me detention or anything like that in the first lesson, or will the teacher just talk about it with me?

Also are the teachers strict, or are they more kind and understanding?

That's okay! Feel free to reach out to me whenever you want :smile: The maths transition work is compulsory but if you haven't done it they will give you extra time so don't worry. They won't punish you unless you haven't done it by the second deadline which will be told to you in class.

The teachers are very understanding. If you talk to them after class they will give you as much care as possible. They are all lovely teachers.
That's okay! Feel free to reach out to me whenever you want :smile: The maths transition work is compulsory but if you haven't done it they will give you extra time so don't worry. They won't punish you unless you haven't done it by the second deadline which will be told to you in class.

The teachers are very understanding. If you talk to them after class they will give you as much care as possible. They are all lovely teachers.

I am happy to hear that hahah, I'll probably talk to my teacher after class then. Thank you very much!
Original post by swxzxey
I am happy to hear that hahah, I'll probably talk to my teacher after class then. Thank you very much!

No problem. Happy to help :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending