Turn on thread page Beta

Must be a complete moron... watch

ReputationRep:
    So last night I was approached in a night club by this actually quite cute girl who asked me to dance. The last time this happened to me was at my year 6 school disco (embarrassingly) so I was hardly going to say no! Anyway, a little later she came over again and told me I was the funniest dancer she'd ever met. Then for no apparent reason, she gave me a great big hug and ran off again. Much later, we ran into on another again and actually managed to swap names and where we were both studying. Anyway, took the plunge and asked for her number, which she gave me very happily.

So here's the problem. I've got a number for a girl who, for some reason, really likes me. And is actually really nice herself. Who I wouldn't mind asking out for a coffee some time real soon.

So how come I'm disinterested and unmotivated at the thoguht of her this morning and incredibly anxious and depressed about the impression I made last night on a highly unobtainable friend who would never fancy me in a million years?!?

I need my head banging against a brick wall, I really do...

(If anybody says "shag them both" or anything along those lines, I'm going to completely ignore it, so don't bother.)

ReputationRep:
    Aww that's cute. Maybe you're just a bit scared? I think she does like you. Don't worry about her finding you "funny", she meant it in a very nice way I think. And even if you're only friends first... You don't know what will happen in the future!

ReputationRep:
    Uch, not a nice situation. I'd personally say you need to purge your feelings for the 2nd girl fast (friend whos highly unobtainable), and go for it with the second. Because you never know, it could just be the drug you need.

But then I am particularly ruthless in these matters, so maybe best to ignore me...

ReputationRep:
    Matt, stop being a muppet and get that girl texted! Now!

ReputationRep:
    Paradox: you have a better chance (long term) with the friend if you ignore her and go with the new girl.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noctilux)
    Paradox: you have a better chance (long term) with the friend if you ignore her and go with the new girl.
    You see that's the inevitable dilemma isn't it? If I ignore her and go for the new girl, I'm going to feel guilty because I know my feelings for this other girl won't vanish over night, so even if it does work out, I'll feel like I'm stringing her along. Whereas if I do nothing I'll feel like a complete **** because she's really nice, and I'll be a complete fool for not taking a chance over the slim possibility that this other girl might show some interest at some point this millenium.

ReputationRep:
    i think you should get to know the disco girl and at least become friends and stuff with her and sort out your feelings for the other girl. if it's not gonna happen then it's not gonna happen, and you need to accept that.

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear, poor you. Don't worry, it surely must happen to people all the time. I know that often, with me, as soon as someone shows a definite intrest in me I suddenly find them less attractive. Weird, eh?
    I dunno what to say though I mean, I guess if this friend is never going to fancy you then you may as well forget about it and focus on Dancing Girl. Having said that, I realise that it's easier said than done, but I guess that's all you can do really.
    Sorry, not too much of a help

ReputationRep:
    I’m guessing that you are a little lacking in self-confidence and by going for the unobtainable one, and setting yourself up for failure, you will be
    re-enforcing that negative self-image (I’ve been there, done that, got the t-shirt). My advice would be to call the nice one, chill out, go out with her
    and have a good time. Will do your self-confidence the world of good. Maybe easier said than done though

ReputationRep:
    *sigh*

So much Level One thinking in this thread.

:banghead:

ReputationRep:
    Well, as you said yourself, this is the first time since a year six disco that a girl has asked you to dance! It's only natural that you're going to feel scared, especially as you don't really know her, and you are hung up on somebody else

Why don't you give it a go with this girl - I mean, what really do you have to lose? If the unobtainable fried really is unobtainable, keeping going after her will only lead to you losing the friend, too. You may as well give it a go - worst scenario, you guys aren't right for each other, but you had an experience of a date.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noctilux)
    This.

Beggars can't be choosers mate.

ReputationRep:
    .shag them both

give the girl from last night a go, try and get over the unobtainable friend.

ReputationRep:
    Well, I've exchanged a couple of texts with the girl from last night. Things seem to be going fairly well, right up until the point she asked me about what course I was doing. I told her I was doing TV Production. Strangely I haven't heard anything since... could be a coincidence though... maybe...

This is so difficult... I feel dead nervous about the new girl but at the same time, I'm unsure about my friend from uni... I mean, sometimes it seems like she hardly knows I exist, but at other times, its like we're really close... like last night, it ended up just us two walking to the bus stop, and I'm not sure, but it really felt like there was a connection.

Urgh... why can't life just be simple?!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skinzta)
    .shag them both
    ah crap just what I was gonna say! :p:

ReputationRep:
    screw it - shag them both OP

ReputationRep:
    shag them both

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wickamonkey)
    shag them both
    OK it isn't actually that funny the third time...

ReputationRep:
    Got to love the maturity of some people on here... :shifty:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 15, 2008
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.