Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Must be a complete moron... Watch

ReputationRep:
    Well it sounds like you're more interested in the girl you met last night. There's no reason not to go on a date with them both (not at the same time obviously), and then continue to date the one who you are more attracted to and seems to be a good prospect.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Star*Guitar*)
    Well it sounds like you're more interested in the girl you met last night. There's no reason not to go on a date with them both (not at the same time obviously), and then continue to date the one who you are more attracted to and seems to be a good prospect.
    Well you see, that's just it! I don't think it is that I'm more interested in her, it's more a curiosity thing... no ones ever just randomly started talking to me when I've been out and come back to speak to me several times before. And from what I remember, she seemed dead nice. I really wouldn't mind getting to know her more on a friendly basis, but I think that's as far as it goes.

By comparison, I'm absolutely obsessed with this other girl. I can barely go more than a few minutes without thinking about her. For example, last night I spotted her being chatted up by a random bloke she'd never met - I sat in the corner and actually shook. I was REALLY upset - I wanted to march over there and tell him to piss off, but for one didn't have the ******** and for another didn't want to look like a possessive ****. So I just sat there and tried not to watch - it's ridiculous, but it was really horrible seeing it. He eventually realised he wasn't getting anywhere and left, at which point she came over to me and dragged me up onto the dance floor.

It's a completely ridiculous situation, I know. But I can't decide what I can do without feeling like I'm going to indirectly hurt somebodies feelings.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mattaf)
    It's a completely ridiculous situation, I know. But I can't decide what I can do without feeling like I'm going to indirectly hurt somebodies feelings.
    Well its pretty harmless having a first date with each of them. Its the only way to find out if you like each other. Works both ways remember.
    Which is why I was going to say, if you are putting your hopes on the girl from last night, still date the other one so it wouldn't be so bad if it didn't work out with the former. Plus you still don't know much about the girl whose number you have.

ReputationRep:
    So last night I was approached in a night club by this actually quite cute girl who asked me to dance. The last time this happened to me was at my year 6 school disco (embarrassingly) so I was hardly going to say no! Anyway, a little later she came over again and told me I was the funniest dancer she'd ever met. Then for no apparent reason, she gave me a great big hug and ran off again. Much later, we ran into on another again and actually managed to swap names and where we were both studying. Anyway, took the plunge and asked for her number, which she gave me very happily.

So here's the problem. I've got a number for a girl who, for some reason, really likes me. And is actually really nice herself. Who I wouldn't mind asking out for a coffee some time real soon.

So how come I'm disinterested and unmotivated at the thoguht of her this morning and incredibly anxious and depressed about the impression I made last night on a highly unobtainable friend who would never fancy me in a million years?!?

I need my head banging against a brick wall, I really do...

(If anybody says "shag them both" or anything along those lines, I'm going to completely ignore it, so don't bother.)

even if you are not very keen on calling her and feel any how bad about it... i would still say 'give it a shot' !!!! and goood LUCK !!!

ReputationRep:
    By comparison, I'm absolutely obsessed with this other girl. I can barely go more than a few minutes without thinking about her. For example, last night I spotted her being chatted up by a random bloke she'd never met - I sat in the corner and actually shook. I was REALLY upset - I wanted to march over there and tell him to piss off, but for one didn't have the ******** and for another didn't want to look like a possessive ****. So I just sat there and tried not to watch - it's ridiculous, but it was really horrible seeing it. He eventually realised he wasn't getting anywhere and left, at which point she came over to me and dragged me up onto the dance floor.
    Dude,

Your situation reminds me of when I was obsessed over this one chick......she was all I could think about, the most important thing in my life, I wanted to spend the rest of my life with her.............

Then I turned 12. (and moved schools so I didn't see her for 5 years. And she went out with two of my friends. But w/e)

Please stop trying to slowplay the nuts (NB. your situation with this chick is not "the nuts" ).

If she wants you (and by now you should know - and if you don't, just leave it), GO AND GET HER!!!!! By prevaricating and hesitating you're tilting the **** outta me and everyone else that's following your adventures (and I just dropped 6 buy-ins yesterday :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: - I don't need tilt in my life).

If she wants you, she's probably thinking "why hasn't he made a move on me? I want him so bad!!!!"

Next thing you know you're all on a night out, some guy who knows what he's doing will come along and just sweep her off her feet (and I've seen it). As Brian Clough famously said: "It only takes a second to score a goal!"

Then whatcha gonna do brother, whatcha gonna do, when the weight of not manning up, and giving her what she wants, comes crashing down, on you?!?!? [/Hulk Hogan]

ReputationRep:
    That's an amusing thought - people actually follow my "adventures"? LOL!

Anyhow, I've calmed down a bit now - most of my worrying was actually from a separate thing that's been bugging me all day... but that's out of the way now, so I'm looking at this from a fresh perspective.

I've been texting this girl from last night on and off this afternoon. And I've decided I'm going to ask her for a coffee and see how that goes. As for the friend... I suppose it can't hurt to press on with her as well can it? Just see how things stand...

We'll see... either one could work out well, or neither... I'll just wait and see what happens.

ReputationRep:
    And for the 1st time, 'Nail' them both. Notice i used the word NAIL. Totally different.

On second thought grow and goddamn pair you bloody girl.

ReputationRep:
    Ok, update! I asked the girl from club out for coffee and she said yes! Put the hate mail away and listen for further details!

So I texted girl number 2 and asked if she fancied meeting up today. To which she replied "I would love to meet up as friends (I've just come out of a really long relationship). You cool with that?"

I was more than cool with that, so we arranged to meet up in town today and go for a coffee. We sat in this cafe in London and just talked for ages about ourselves and our universities.

She is really nice, dead sweet and I had a really good time. But I don't think having got to know her a little bit she's the type of girl I'd want to date. I'd still like to stay friends with her, and who knows? Maybe I'll change my mind in the future...

Anyway, we've agreed to meet up again soon. More importantly, I'd say 9 times out of 10 a girl who's number you get in a club will never speak to you again... so the fact she's talking to me and agreed to meet up is bloody going! And it's prooved I do have to ******** to ask and successfully have a conversation with a girl! :p:

As for girl number 1, still unsure... shes a SERIOUSLY difficult one to read... Not given up hope yet, but I'll give it a bit longer and see.

So you people who claim to follow my adventures... happy now? lol

(Original post by DaneCook)
    And for the 1st time, 'Nail' them both. Notice i used the word NAIL. Totally different.

On second thought grow and goddamn pair you bloody girl.
    I noticed you're temporarily banned... there's a shock! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Anyway, we've agreed to meet up again soon. More importantly, I'd say 9 times out of 10 a girl who's number you get in a club will never speak to you again... so the fact she's talking to me and agreed to meet up is bloody going! And it's prooved I do have to ******** to ask and successfully have a conversation with a girl! :p:
    wtf r u srs? :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no:

Sampling Bias ftl, imo.

Anyways, who's next up?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 15, 2008
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.