The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Are mini fridges or other appliances allowed?

I read the terms and conditions and didn't see anything talking about mini fridges and the like, but I just want to be sure. I'm kind of worried about people stealing my food lol
Original post by Anonymous
I read the terms and conditions and didn't see anything talking about mini fridges and the like, but I just want to be sure. I'm kind of worried about people stealing my food lol

Hey!

Unfortunately mini fridges are not allowed (unless they have been approved by the accommodation manager e.g. for storing medicine). I've linked the terms and conditions below (clause 13.7).

https://www.lancaster.ac.uk/accommodation/terms-and-conditions/

Don't worry about people stealing your food - I think you'd have to get quite unlucky to experience that, potentially someone might borrow some milk but that's probably the worst case scenario!

Good luck at Lancaster!
Rebecca :smile:
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Original post by Anonymous

Hey,
I'm afraid you're not allowed mini fridges, electric kettles, candles, etc in your rooms due to safety reasons. You can bring extra items like air fryers, rice cookers, mixers but they'll have to be used in the kitchens only.
And usually flatmates don't tend to eat anything that is not theirs unless you all have become very close and have decided with some kind of shared groceries so don't worry about that :smile:
I hope that helps and Good Luck with starting uni soon!
Vyomika
Thank you both for answering! That makes sense, hopefully my flatmates will be alright then!

Quick Reply

Latest