Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lemily)
    Nottingham has a lot of large roads and by passes which cross through the centre making it hard to navigate as a pedestrian. You can live in central areas such as Hockley, but these are expensive. Lovely, but expensive. The park is also near the centre. If you are in the top part of Lenton walking wouldn't be so bad. Castle Marina maybe. St. Anns is walking distance, but not desirable.

It just isn't a very pedestrian friendly place before you get into the centre, where it is very pedestrianised. Buses are fairly cheap though. There's also trams. As for gyms, I think there is a virgin active somewhere in town, but aside from that, there is a few driving distance out like in Chilwell, or you could use the uni's one.

Have you been for a visit?

Yeah ive had a drive around, visited about 12 times now..hmm, im gonna need to go on a hunt i think
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    The roads are an absolute nightmare in Nottingham most of the time! It might not always be ideal to walk...! Also I definitely wouldn't want to be walking around when it's dark (on my own). :p:

Overall though Nottingham has quite a lot to offer so pick wisely...
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I also note that the flat you link to in your earlier post is in Bingham. Which is quite a long way outside Nottm, you'd need to either drive or take the train to get in. I used to do that commute to John Lewis in Nottingham and you really don't want to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nina)
    I also note that the flat you link to in your earlier post is in Bingham. Which is quite a long way outside Nottm, you'd need to either drive or take the train to get in. I used to do that commute to John Lewis in Nottingham and you really don't want to.

yeahh i noticed it was a fair way away..ahh, back to the websites..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *River)
    House prices are falling, but fewer people are buying which puts more pressure on the rental market, thus maintaining or even increasing prices there.
    How does this increase demand? What about oversupply?

ReputationRep:
    I thought you were working for the NHS this year?

ReputationRep:
    if you are thinking to go to Kings for your nursing course, accomm will be a lot higher!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Federer Rulz)
    if you are thinking to go to Kings for your nursing course, accomm will be a lot higher!
    But then she will have a student loan, whereas this year its coming out of £900 a month wages which also has to pay for bills and council tax. Halls you don't have council tax, and the bills are generally inclusive, making budgeting a million times easier. Plus in London there is no need whatsoever to have a car and that is a massive expense.

Not having a go by the way because your point is a good one. Though from the sounds of it, she has her hopes pinned on staying in Notts and going to uni there.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.