The Student Room Group

psychology a level essay

I am currently writing a psychology essay on Pavlov's classical conditioning experiment however I have not previously studied psychology and do not know how to structure the conclusion, any help please?
What is the essay question?
Original post by KatieMegs
I am currently writing a psychology essay on Pavlov's classical conditioning experiment however I have not previously studied psychology and do not know how to structure the conclusion, any help please?

Hi! I've just finished As Psychology and that was part of the syllabus. It really depends on how many marks the question is worth. For a 12 marker I'd recommend writing about 1.5 to 2.5 pages. Firstly outline what classical conditioning is. There's a lot to it, so mention how an unconditioned stimulus creates an unconditioned response and how using that can lead to a neutral stimulus becoming a conditioned stimulus. I'd then go on to talking about pavlov's dog and how he conditioned it to salivate at the sound of a bell. Then if you need more, I'd talk about the practical uses of conditioning in everyday life and how it benefits society. Hope this helps, good luck! :smile:
If it's AQA then you don't need a conclusion
We were told to follow this structure
- 150 word outline
- if there is a scenario, do a 100 word application paragraph
- do 3 evaluation paragraphs for an application essay or 5 for no application (each 50 words, structured as top, evidence tail)

Hope this helps and I'm happy to answer any other questions you have
Reply 4
Original post by Squiggles1238
What is the essay question?

The essay question is:
“Ivan Pavlov investigated classical conditioning as part of the behaviourist approach. Outline and evaluate the theory and research of classical conditioning within the behaviourist approach.” (12 Marks)

Quick Reply

Latest